Order under section 138 of the Income-tax Act,1961 directing Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems), New Delhi for sharing information on ‘IT Return filing Status’ of with Scheduled Commercial Banks.
F. No. 225/136/2020/ITA.II
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, the 31st August, 2020
The Central Board of Direct Taxes(`CBDT’), in exercise of powers conferred under section 138(1)(a)(i) of Income-tax Act, 1961 (‘Act’), hereby directs that Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems), New Delhi shall be the specified income-tax authority for furnishing information to the ‘Scheduled Commercial Banks’, notified vide Notification No.71/2020 dated 31.08.2020 under sub-clause(ii) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 138 of the Act.
2. The information to be furnished shall be:
i. IT Return filing Status
3.. The Pr.DGIT(Systems) would notify the procedure and format for providing notified information to the Scheduled Commercial Banks after taking approval from CBDT.
4. A copy of Notification shall be forwarded to this division for record purposes.
Under Secretary, (ITA-II), CBDT
Copy forwarded to:-
1. PPS to FM/Dir(FMO)/OSD TO MoS (R)/PPS to RS/PPS to chairman. CBDT and all Members.
2. Head offices of all Scheduled Commercial Banks
3. Pr. DGIT (Systems), New Delhi
4. All Pr. CCsIT/DGsIT for kind information
5. ADG (S)-4, New Delhi, for placing on the website: www.incometaxindia. gov.in
6. Guard File
Under Secretary, (ITAI-I), CBDT