CUSTOMS, EXCISE AND SERVICE TAX APPELLATE TRIBUNAL
Date: 13 March 2020
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India has issued an Office Memorandum dated 5 March 2020 as advisory cautioning against mass gathering due to global pandemic Novel Coronavirus (COVID 19). The Honourable Supreme Court of India and the Honourable High Court of Delhi have also restricted the functioning of the Courts to hearing of only urgent matters.
The Honourable President, CESTAT, in consultation with senior Members of the Tribunal and for the safety and welfare all lawyers, representatives, staff, litigants and all visitors, has decided that there will be no sitting of Benches of the Tribunal including Regional Benches from 16 March 2020 to 20 March 2020. All tours of the Members during this period stand cancelled. Urgent matters, if found to be appropriate, will be heard on mention by the Advocate/Representative before the Officer in charge of the Registry.
(Bineesh Kumar K. S.)
1. SPS to Hon’ble President, CESTAT, New Delhi.
2. Hon’ble Members, CESTAT, All Benches.
3. Deputy Registrars/Assistant Registrars/HOO, CESTAT, All Benches.
4. Bar Associations, CESTAT, New Delhi / Mumbai / Kolkata / Chennai / Bangaluru / Ahmedabad / Allahabad / Chandigarh / Hyd erabad.
5. Chief Commissioner (AR)/Commissioner (AR), CESTAT, New Delhi/all Benches.
6. Notice Board/Website.