Uttar Pradesh Tax Practitioner Association has requested Chairman of GST Council to extend the due date for filing the GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C from August to December along with the filing of GTR-9C for the F.Y. 2018-19 so that all the compliances are made and the adjustments made in the following years gets reconciled at the same time. Text of the representation is as follows:-
Goods and Services Tax Council
In regard to the extension of the date of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C
1. Due to the extension of the due date of filing of the income tax returns from July to August, a lot chaos amongst the taxpayers and professionals have been arisen. Since GST Annual return is to be flied for the first time, the taxpayers are still confused regarding the informations that needs to be filled.
2. Since all the returns with the due dates in August attracts penalty ;taxpayers are facing a Lot of issues regarding the same, The penalty under non filing of GTR-9C also attracts heavy penalty and within a week it is very difficult for the people to file it on time.
3. The weather conditions in nearly one-fourth of India is not good and i5 covered with flood and power failures, small taxpayers and taxpayers from such places find it difficult to file the return,
4. Since the offline utility of GSTR-9C and GSTR-9 needs a lot of information that needs to be compiled with the income Tax return filed with the department, professionals when the ITR filing date,Tax Audit dates are due are finding it very difficult to compile the data of 17-18 when the management of the companies/organisations are busy in making compliances and compiling the data for F.Y. 2018-19.
5. There has been frequent changes in the softwares due to which the, Chartered Accountants, Practitioners, Advocates are worried about the charges that are being occurring regularly and needs to be updated due to which a very less time is left for finishing the required work.
6. Due to time constraint and penalty criteria the professional efficiency is also being hampered.
7. Since only 16-18% approx. returns have been filed it is requested to you to kindly extend the due date.
So it is kindly requested to extend the due date for filing the GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C from August to December along with the filing of GSTR-9C for the F.Y. 2018-19 so that all the compliances are made and the adjustments made in the following years gets reconciled at the same time.
Anurag Mishra (Advocate)
List of the other recent Representation
|S. No.||Dated||Submitted by||Link|
|14.||21/08/2019||Rajasthan Tax Consultants’ Association||Solve technical issues and extend due date of GSRT 9 & GSTR 9C|
|13.||21/08/2019||Institute Of Cost Accountants Of India||Extend due date of GSTR 9 and GSTR 9C|
|12.||21/08/2019||Ahilya Chamber of Commerce & Industry||Withdraw GST Yearly Return – GSTR 9, 9A & 9C for F.Y. 2017–18|
|11.||19/08/2019||BCAS and 4 Others||Representation on Income Tax and GST Issues faced by taxpayers|
|10.||19/08/2019||Professional Accountants’ &
Tax Consultants’ Association
|Request for Extending Due Dates for filing Annual GST Returns|
|9.||17/08/2019||Chamber of Tax Consultants||Extend due date for filing of GSTR -9, 9A and 9C for F.Y. 2017-18|
|8.||16/08/2019||Punjab Accountants Association||Extend Due Dates of GSTR9/9A/9C|
|7.||14/08/2019||Western Maharashtra Tax Practitioner’s Association||Extend Due date of GST Returns in Flood affected States|
|6.||13/08/2019||Goods & Services Tax Practitioners Association of Maharashtra||Extend GST, Income Tax and other due dates falling in Aug & Sep 2019|
|5.||12/08/2019||Association of Tax Lawyers, Delhi||Request to Extend time limit for claim of ITC for FY 2017-2018|
|4.||10/08/2019||Karnataka State Chartered Accountants Association||Extend Due Date for Filing of Income Tax and GST Returns|
|3.||18/07/2019||Tax Bar Association, Jodhpur||Extend due date for filing of Income-tax returns to 30th Sept 2019|
|2.||11/06/2019||Goods And Services Tax Practitioners’ Association Of Maharashtra||GST Annual Return & subsequent reconciliation for GST Audit- Issues|
|1.||05/08/2019||Gujarat Sales Tax Bar Association||Request for extension of due date of Annual Return- GSTR-9|