Finally, following the footsteps of the Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Bihar, and West Bengal governments. The Telangana Government has come up with a scheme to settle the disputes pertaining to the State Laws namely Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022. In this article, an attempt is made to understand the Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022.

The Taxes Covered under the Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022

a. Andhra Pradesh General Sales Tax Act, 1957,

b. The Telangana Value Added Tax Act, 2005,

c. The Central Sales Tax Act, 1956 and

d. The Telangana Entry of the Goods into Local Areas Act, 2001

Applicability of the Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022

Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022 is applicable to all registered and unregistered dealers under the Andhra Pradesh General Sales Tax Act, 1957, the Telangana Value Added Tax Act, 2005, the Central Sales Tax Act, 1956, and the Telangana Entry of the Goods into Local Areas Act, 2001.

Is there any restriction to the previous years to which Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022 applies & whether the single application has to be filed for multiple years or only one application would suffice?

With respect to the first question, there is no restriction on the number of years the scheme will be made applicable i.e. it can be pertaining from any Financial Year. Further, for all these years a separate application has to be filled and each application will be considered a distinct application.

Whether the Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022 will be applicable for both the demands and refund?

The scheme will be provided only for the demand and not for the refund cases.

How will be the tax payable in Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022?

1. The person has to discharge the complete undisputed tax liability

2. With respect to the remaining amount i.e. the disputed amount, the person has to discharge the taxes as under

S. No. Various Acts Amount to be discharged of the disputed tax
1 Andhra Pradesh General Sales Tax 40% of balance tax will be collected from dealer and remaining 60% of demand will be waived off.
2 Value Added Tax & Central Sales Tax 50% of balance tax will be collected from dealer and remaining 50% of demand will be waived off.
3 Entry tax on Motor Vehicle & Goods 60% of balance tax will be collected from dealer and remaining 40% of demand will be waived off.

Whether any interest & penalty has to be paid under Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022?

The interest and penalties are not required to be discharged. Only the tax component has to be discharged which has to be calculated as above.

What will happen to the pending appeals & notices issued after payment of tax?

The appeal pending before the appellate authority or the Tribunal or the Court in respect of any order or notice shall be withdrawn fully and unconditionally by the applicant.

Whether any installment facility provided under Telangana State One-Time Settlement Scheme 2022?

Yes for the amounts payable higher than Rs.25 lakhs, an installment facility will be provided without interest up to 4 equal monthly installments. Bank interest rates will be applied to those seeking more installments.

Therefore hurry Up & Avail the benefit of the said scheme for any further information & clarification email the author on [email protected]

Author Bio

Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Whatsapp

taxguru on whatsapp GROUP LINK

Join us on Telegram

taxguru on telegram GROUP LINK

Review us on Google

More Under Goods and Services Tax

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search Posts by Date

May 2022
M T W T F S S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031