OFFICE OF THE PR. COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS – I),
APPRAISING MAIN (IMPORT),
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA- SHEVA,TAL-URAN,
(e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone No.022-27244979)
File No. S/22-Gen-20/2020-21/AM (I)/JNCH
Subject: Waiver of Late fees on account of system down for Budget Update– reg.
Attention of all Importers/Exporters, Custom Brokers, CFSs, Custodians, General Trade, Partner Government Agencies (PGAs), all other stakeholders and all the taxpayers is invited to ICES Advisory No. 05/2021 dated 28.01.2021 regarding Budget updation 2021-2022. As per this advisory, System was available only after suitable updation to be made in ICES according to the budgetary changes. It is observed that some importers could not file the Bills of Entry for the consignments in the vessel granted entry inwards on 01.02.2021 and 02.02.2021 due to shutdown of ICES for budget updation.
2. In view of the above, “late fees” imposable in terms of Bill of Entry (Forms) Amendment Regulations, 2017 vide Notification No. 27/2017-Customs (N.T) dated 31.03.2017 is hereby waived off in respect of Bills of Entry, filed belatedly, which pertains to IGMs filed on 01.02.2021 and 02.02.2021. The ICES has been restored after updations and services of Bills of Entry were enabled on 03.02.2021.
3. Difficulty, if any, faced in implementation of this public notice may be brought to the notice of the Addl. /Joint Commissioner (Appraising Main (Import)) through email at email@example.com.
4. This Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of Officers and Staff of the department.
Pr. Commissioner of Customs (NS-I)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NS-Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional/Joint/Dy./Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Sections/Group of NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NS-Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
5. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.
6. All Partner Government Agencies (PGAs)
7. All Trade Members and Stake Holders.