OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-IV)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA, TALUKA: URAN,
DISTRICT: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400707.
F.No. S/12-Gen-82/2015-16 AM (X)
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 173/2016
Subject: Verification of BG/Certificate on e-mail instead of Fax
Attention of the Exporters, Importers, Customs House Agents, Members of Trade and all the concerned is invited to the issues raised during the PTFC and other meetings regarding verification mechanism of Bank Guarantee/Certificates using different modes.
3. Government of India has taken-up a number of initiatives for promoting ‘Ease of doing business’. One of the ways to make Customs clearance easier is to reduce the use of paper and to introduce electronic messaging and paperless processing. To make communication faster, paperless and easier, it is directed that verification/confirmation of above mentioned documents should be done through e-mail by using official email-ids.
4. These instructions may be implemented with immediate effect. Difficulties, if any, in this regard may be brought to the notice of the Additional Commissioner, AM(X) or Additional Commissioner, EDI.
Commissioner of Customs
NS (IV), JNCH
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone II.
2. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs NS I
3. The Commissioners of Customs, NS-Gen, II, III, IV & V
4. All the Additional/Joint Commissioners of Customs, NS-Gen, I, II, III, IV & V
5. All the Dy. /Assistant Commissioners of Customs, NS-Gen, II, IV
6. Notice Board and website.