GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
UDYOG BHAVAN, NEW DELHI.
DATED 12th MAY, 2020
Subject: Procedure for availing Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) on Specified Agriculture Products- claims to be made on per kilogram basis for the shipments by air regarding.
F. No. 01/92/180/01/AM-20/PC-VI.—Consequent upon issuance of Notification No. 17/3/2018-EP (Agri IV) dated 27.04.2020 by Department of Commerce and in exercise of the powers conferred under Paragraph 2.04 of the Handbook of Procedures (2015-20) as amended, Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes the following amendment(s) in Chapter 7(A) of “Handbook of Procedures” , with immediate effect:
1. Department of Commerce’s Notification No. 17/3/2018-EP (Agri IV) dated 04 2020 is added in Appendix -7(A)A
2. In pare 03(f), the following shall be inserted after the first sentence:
“However, for the fresh applications made on or after 28th April, 2020, in case of shipment by air, claims should be made in the multiple of Kilograms, ignoring any fraction thereof Applications submitted before 28th April, 2020 cannot be modified from per ton basis to per kilogram basis.”
3. Point (xi) of Instructions/Guidelines at ANF7(A)A should be amended to read as follows:
“Assistance for products exported by air would be based on per kilogram freight charges on net weight of the export cargo, calculated on the full kilogram basis, ignoring any fraction thereof.”
4. Column (15) of para 6(b) of PART B of ANF7(A)A and Column (15) of para 6(b) of Annexure(A) to ANF7(A)A are deleted
5. Point (ix) of para 2 (Declaration/Undertakings) of PART B of ANF7(A)A and Point (xii) of para 3 of Annexure(A) to ANF 7(A)A should be amended to read as follows:
“The claim is made only for Full Container Loads (FCLs) Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit (TEU) containers or forty feet containers equivalent of two TEUs in case of shipment by sea and in the multiple of kilograms (ignoring any fraction thereof) in case of shipment by air.”
Effect of the Public Notice: Assistance for products exported by air would be based or per kilogram basis instead of per ton. Annexure 3 to the Notification No. 17/3/2018-EP (Agri. IV) dated 27th February,2019 has been replaced indicating the differential rate of assistance on per kilogram basis for the products exported by air.
Director General of Foreign Trade
Ex Officio Additional Secretary to Government of India
Email: [email protected].in
[Issued from File No.01/92/180/01/AM-20/PC- VI]
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
(Department of Commerce)
New Delhi, the 27th April. 2020
No. 17/3/2018-EP (Agri.IV).–The Central Government had introduced a Scheme titled Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) for Specified Agriculture Products vide Notification No No. 17/3/2018-EP (Agri.IV) dated 27.02.2019. The Scheme was further amended vide Notification No. 17/3/2018-EP (Agri.IV) dated 27.02.2019, It has been decided to further amend the Scheme. as indicated below:
2. Clause shall be substituted with the following:
” (g) Assistance for products exported by air would be based on per Killogram frieght charges on net weight of the export cargo calculated on hilt kilogram basis ignoring any fraction thereof.
3. Annexure (3) shall be substituted with the following:
Differential rate of assistance under TMA (Amount in Indian Rupees)
|Region||Amopunt Per TEU (Normal)||Amopunt Per TEU (Reefer)||By Air Amount Per Kilogram|
|Russia & CIS||12600||22400||0.70|
4. The above modification will he applicable only for the fresh application,submitted after the date of this notification. The applications already submitted cannot be modified.
[F. No. 17/3/2018-EP (Agri.IV)]
DIWAKAR NATH MISRA, Jt. Secy.