By addressing all IEC Holders/Members of Trade, DGFT Regional Authorities & Export Promotion Councils/Commodity Boards/ other Industry Associations the DGFT has issued a trade notice regarding deactivation of Importer-Exporter code (IEC) due to non-updation of the same.
– Reference: This Trade Notice is issued in reference to the Notification No. 58/2015-2020 dated 12.02.2021, 11/2015-2020 dated 01.07.2021 and 16/2015-2020 dated 09.08.2021 whereby it was mandated by DGFT to all IEC holders to ensure that details in their IEC is updated electronically every year during April-June period (for which no user charges are to be borne by the IEC holder).
– In continuation to the aforementioned notifications, trade notices and as per para 2.05(e) of the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), the third phase of de-activation of IECs which are not yet updated is being initiated.
– Deactivation: All IECs which have not been updated after 01st July, 2020 shall be de-activated w.e.f. 01st February, 2022.
– Final chance: The IEC holders have the chance to update their IEC on the DGFT portal on or before 31st January, 2022 to prevent deactivation.
– Pending application: Any IEC where an online updation application has been submitted but is pending with the DGFT RA for approval shall be excluded from the de-activation list.
– List: The list of such IECs may be seen at the following link: https://www.dgft.gov.in/CP/?opt=IECDL.
– Re-activation: It is also important to note that once the IEC gets deactivated after 31st January, 2022, then the same can be re-activated automatically without any manual intervention or physical visit to the DGFT RA upon its successful updation on the DGFT portal.
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Dated: 14th January 2022
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
1. All IEC Holders/Members of Trade
2. DGFT Regional Authorities
3. Export Promotion Councils/Commodity Boards/ other Industry Associations
Subject: De-Activation of IECs not updated at DGFT
Reference is drawn to Notification No. 58/2015-2020 dated 12.02.2021, 11/2015- 2020 dated 01.07.2021, 16/2015-2020 dated 09.08.2021, whereby it was mandated by DGFT to all IEC holders to ensure that details in their IEC is updated electronically every year during April-June period (for which no user charges were to be borne by the IEC holder). Based on representations received from the IEC holders who had not updated their IECs, the period of updation was extended upto 31.07.2021 and subsequently to 31.08.2021. Due intimations were also provided vide Trade Notice 18/2021-2022 dated 20.09.2021 and Trade Notice 25/2021-22 dated 19.11.2021 prior to the phase-wise deactivation of the IECs not updated yet.
2. In continuation to the aforementioned notification(s) and Trade Notice(s) and as per para 2.05(e) of the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), the third phase of deactivation of IECs which are not yet updated is being initiated.
3. All IECs which have not been updated after 01.07.2020 shall be de-activated with effect from 01.02.2022. The list of such IECs may be seen at the given link (https://www.dgft.gov.in/CP/?opt=IECDL) . The concerned IEC holders are provided an opportunity to update their IEC in this interim period till 31.01.2022, failing which the given IECs shall be de-activated from 01.02.2022. Any IEC where an online updation application has been submitted but is pending with the DGFT RA for approval shall be excluded from the de-activation list.
4. It may further be noted that any IEC so de-activated, would have the opportunity for automatic re-activation without any manual intervention or any visits to the DGFT RA. For IEC re-activation after 31.01.2022, the said IEC holder may navigate to the DGFT website and update their IEC online. Upon successful updation the given IEC shall be activated again and transmitted accordingly to Customs system with the updated status.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Md. Moin Afaque
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/02/30/AM-22/EG&TF[E- 29064])