Government of India
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: 20th September 2021
1. All IEC Holders/Members of Trade
2. DGFT Regional Authorities
3. Export Promotion Councils/Commodity Boards/ other Industry Associations
Subject: De-Activation of IECs not updated on the DGFT
This Trade Notice is being issued in reference to the Notification No. 58/2015-2020 dated 12.02.2021, 11/2015-2020 dated 01.07.2021 and 16/2015-2020 dated 09.08.2021 whereby it was mandated by DGFT to all IEC holders to ensure that details in their IEC is updated electronically every year during April-June period (for which no user charges will be borne by the IEC holder). Based on representations received from the IEC holders who had not updated their IECs, the period of updation was extended upto 31st July 2021 and subsequently to 31st August 2021.
2. In continuation to the aforementioned notification and as per para 2.05(e) of the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP), IECs which are not yet updated shall now be de-activated. This de-activation activity is being initiated in a phased manner.
3. All IECs which have not been updated after 01.01.2005 shall be de-activated with effect from 06.10.2021. The list of such IECs may be seen at the given link ( https://www.dgft.gov.in/CP/?opt=dgft-ra ). The concerned IEC holders are provided one final opportunity to update their IEC in this interim period till 05.10.2021, failing which the given IECs shall be de-activated from 06.10.2021. Any IEC where an online updation application has been submitted but are pending with the DGFT RA for approval shall be excluded from the de-activation list.
4. It may further be noted that any IEC so de-activated, would have the opportunity for automatic re-activation without any manual intervention or a physical visit to the DGFT RA. For IEC re-activation after 06.10.2021, the said IEC holder may navigate to the DGFT website and update their IEC online. Upon successful updation the given IEC shall be activated again and transmitted accordingly to Customs system with the updated status.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Md. Moin Afaque
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/02/30/AM-22/EG&TF)