OFFICE OF THE PR. COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS – I),
APPRAISING MAIN (IMPORT),
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA- SHEVA,TAL-URAN,
(e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone No.022-27244979)
F.No. S/22-Gen- 20/2020-21/AM (I)/JNCH
Subject: Tariff Related Quota – Implementation in System.
Attention of Importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers, Shipping Lines/Agents, Logistics Service Providers, CFSs Custodians, Trade, Customs Staff and all other stakeholders is invited to ICES Advisory No. 43/2020 dated 23.11.2020 issued by Directorate General of Systems and Data Management, CBIC.
2. Kind reference is invited to CBIC’s notifications 28/2020 dated 23.06.2020 and 40/2020 dated 28.10.2020 where concessional rate for BCD has been notified for certain items provided that the quantity of total imports of such goods in a financial year do not exceed the tariff rate quota (TRQ) quantity as specified in the notifications
3. The annexures to the notifications also specify the conditions for availing the notification benefit. In accordance with the conditions, DGFT would issue TRQ licenses to eligible importers for these commodities. The mechanism to receive the TRQ licenses electronically from DGFT has also been established. The IEC and quantity based TRQ licenses will be transmitted by DGFT electronically with scheme code 32 to ICEGATE. The same will be available for registration at the port of registration (as per the license) like licenses of other EP schemes in the License Registration Module of ICES. Expectedly, unlike advance authorization licenses, TRQ licenses will only have items of import without any items of export for export obligation.
4. During the import of these commodities, the importer will have to give the TRQ license details in the license table of the Bill of Entry with scheme code 32 while claiming the concessional duty benefit under any of the TRQ notifications. The import quantity in the BE would automatically be debited from the TRQ license by the system like licenses of other schemes. The appraising officer will also be able to see the TRQ license details and debit quantity during assessment or later in the license ledger.
5. If the license details are not given in the BE or the import quantity allowed in the license is already exhausted in the previous BEs, the use of the notification benefit would not be allowed by the System and the importer would be able to import only at the tariff rate of the duty.
6. Since it is a new scheme, officers shall scrutinize the duty and duty foregone calculations carefully for the first few BEs filed with the above notifications.
7. Difficulties, if any, faced in implementation of the said Public Notice may be brought to the notice of the Addl. /Joint Commissioner (Appraising Main (import)) through email on email@example.com.
8. This Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of officers and staff of department.
Pr. Commissioner of Customs (NS-I)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NSAudit/NS-V, JNCH.
3. The Chairman JNPT//CEO NSICT, CEO GTI/ CEO BMCT for information.
4. All Additional/Joint/Dy./Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections/Group of NS-G/NS-I/NS-II/NS-III/NS-Audit/NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of CSLA/MANSA CFSAI / BCBA / FIEO / Members of PTFC for information and circulation among their members and other importers for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.