Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: 30th September, 2020
1. All Members of the Trade
2. All DGFT RAs
Subject: Submission of ICLCs (Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credits) eligible as per Para 1.05(b) of Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 for export of Onions
Reference is invited to the DGFT Notification No. 31 dated 14.09.2020 prohibiting the export of all varieties of Onions, with immediate effect. The transitional arrangement under Para 1.05(b) of the Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 has been made inapplicable under this Notification.
2. To ascertain the quantity of Onions for which the ICLCs (Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit) has been opened before 14.09.2020 and to take a decision on applicability of transitional arrangement under the Notification No. 31 dated 14.09.2020, exporters are requested to submit copies of ICLCs opened before 14.09.2020 (ICLC dated 13.09.2020 or before that) for export of Onions to their Jurisdictional DGFT Regional Authority (RA) by 7th October, 2020.
3. All such complete and valid ICLCs submitted to the DGFT Regional Authorities within the timeline specified above will only be considered for any decision taken on such ICLCs.
4. The submission of ICLCs with the DGFT RAs is only meant to assess the total quantity of Onion for which ICLCs have been opened before 14.09.2020 and this by no means provides the exporters any right to claim registration of their ICLCs to export onions.
5. DGFT RAs will only receive copies of ICLCs from exporters and in no case register them or act on these without further directions/order from DGFT HQ in this regard. ‘
6. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Additional Director General of Foreign Trade
E-mail: [email protected]
(Issued from File No. 01/91/180/922/AM08/EC (Vol.IV)Part)