Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
New Delhi, dated 2nd March, 2020
1. RA’s of DGFT
2. All EPCs /Commodity Boards
Subject: Steps taken by CBIC to facilitate clearances in view of situation arising due to Corona virus.
It is to bring to the notice of all concerned that CBIC has issued the following instructions to facilitate clearances in view of situation arising due to Corona virus:
i) Instruction No.2/2020-Customs dated 20.02.2020(copy enclosed) requesting Chief Commissioners to immediately workout the arrangement and deployment sufficient number of officers on 24X7 basis at sea ports/Air Cargo Stations/ICDs/CFSs etc falling in their jurisdiction to tackle any incipient instance of congestion/surge.
ii) JNCH Public Notice No. 24/2020 dated 20.02.2020(copy enclosed) stating that the Bills of entry filed late for clearance of import consignments from China will not attract any late fee charges based on a letter submitted by the importer/Custom Broker that the delay in filing the Bill on Entry was on account of non-receipt of documents from China.
2. All RA’s/ All EPCs/Commodity Boards are therefore requested to bring it to the notice of all Exporters/Importers.
3 This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Enclosed: As above.
(Sanjeev Kumar Kala)
Dy. Director General of Foreign Trade
Email: [email protected]
(Issued from File No.95817/ADG (RPG)/20-21)
F. No. 450/25/2009-Cus.IV (Pt. II)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs)
New Delhi. dated the 20th February, 2020
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs/Customs (Preventive)
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Chief Commissioners of Customs and Central Tax
All Principal Commissioners/Commissioners of Customs/Customs (Preventive) All Principal Commissioners! Commissioners of Customs and Central Tax
Subject: 24×7 clearance – regarding
Kind reference is invited to various Board Circulars vide which facility of 24×7 Customs clearance has been provided at designated Sea ports & Airports across the country
2. Due to ongoing shutdown in China on account of Corona virus outbreak, there is an apprehension of disruption in supply of raw materials/ inputs to our industrial units which were dependent on these raw materials. There could also be a dip in offtake in exports to China. On the contrary, there is a strong likelihood of an immediate surge in the imports from and export to China once the spread of the virus is brought fully under control.
3. To handle such emergent situations, necessary steps need to be taken in advance. CBIC has, therefore, decided to introduce 24×7 clearance at all the Customs formation, so as to address any congestion or delay or surge on account of the prevailing conditions or cessation thereof. These instructions would remain in operation till end of May 2020 which time the disruptions in the supply chains are expected to have settled. CRCL labs would also function 24×7 so that test results could he made available at the earliest. However, designated Sea Ports ,’ Air ports already under 24×7 operation shall continue to function so even after May, 2020.
4. Chief Commissioners are therefore requested to immediately workout the arrangement and deployment of sufficient number of officers on 24×7 basis at sea ports / Air Cargo Stations / ICDs/CFSs etc falling in their jurisdiction to tackle any incipient instance of congestion/ surge. A record may be maintained of the BEs/SBs filed beyond the normal office hours, station wise, and reported to Board daily at [email protected]
5. Suitable Public Notice/Standing Order may be issued.
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-I) MUMBAI
ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400707.
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/AM(I)Part-II
Sub: Facilitation of clearance of import containers due to delay in receiving of documents from China-reg.
Attention of the importers, exporters, Customs Brokers and all other stakeholders is invited to the above mentioned subject.
2. In this regard, it is mentioned that post outbreak of Corona Virus there is likelihood of import containers arriving from China being stranded in the Port/CFSs on account of non-receipt of basic import documents by the Indian consignees, resulting in late filing of Bills of Entry.
3. As late filing of Bills of Entry attracts late fee in terms of Bill of Entry (Forms) Amendment Regulations, 2017 vide Notification No. 27/2017-Cus.(NT) dated 31.03.2017, therefore, keeping in view the exigency because of outbreak of Corona Virus in China and in order to facilitate clearance of the consignments, it is decided in the public interest that the Bills of Entry filed late for clearance of import consignments from China will not attract any late fee charges based on a letter submitted by the importer/Custom Broker that the delay in filing the Bill of Entry was on account of non-receipt of documents from China.
4. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
5. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of ADC/JC, Appraising Main (IMPORT), NS-I or DC/AC in charge of Appraising Main (Import), NS-I.
(RAJESH KUMAR MISHRA)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I).
1. The Pr. Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II/NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. The Chairman JNPT / CEO NSICT / CEO GTI / CEO BMCT for information.
4. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
6. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-HI/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
7. Representative of CSLA & MANSA for information and circulation among their members and other shipping lines operating at Nhava Sheva Port.
8. Representative of CFSAI / BCBA / FIEO / Members of PTFC for information and circulation among their members and other importers for information.
9. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.