TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
PUBLIC NOTICE NO.27 (RE-99)/1997-2002,
NEW DELHI: the 12th August, 1999
In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 4.11 of the Export and Import Policy, 1997-2002, as notified in the Gazette of India extraordinary, Part-II- Section 3 – Sub- section (ii) vide S.O No. 283(E) dated 31.3.97, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes the following amendment in the Handbook of Procedures (Vol.1) (RE-99), 1997-2002.
1. The following shall be added at the end of paragraph 7.54:
“The exporter shall be entitled for further licences in the same licensing year after fulfilling the export obligation in respect of the licences obtained earlier”.
2. The word and expression “advance licence with actual user condition issued in terms of paragraph 7.4 of the Policy” shall be inserted after the word and expression “Special Imprest Licence” appearing in Paragraph 7.27(i).
3. The word and expression “on published norms” appearing in table in paragraph 7.7 shall be amended to read as “on published norms and under paragraph 7.5 of the Handbook”.
4. The following shall be added at the end of paragraph 7.21(ii):
“The request for prorata enhancement in value and quantity may be made either before or after exports. The prorata enhancement shall be limited to 100% of the value and quantity of the export obligation. In cases where there is change in Standard Input Output Norms prior to export of the said product, the prorata enhancement shall be given after calculating the entitlement on the revised Standard Input Output Norms”.
5. The word and expression “and services including software” appearing in paragraph 11.11(a) shall stands deleted.
6. The last sentence of paragraph 7.39 may be amended to read as under:
“However, in cases where the application for obtaining credit is filed after realisation of export proceeds, such application may be filed within 90 days from the date of realisation or 180 days from the date of exports whichever is later, reckoned from the last date of realisation/exports in respect of shipments for which the claim has been filed”.
7. The last sentence of paragraph 7.36A shall be amended to read as under:
” Such declaration shall be required only in cases where the rate of credit under DEPB is 10% or more”.
8. The following shall be added at the end of paragraph 6.10(a):
“In case of service provider, a certificate from independent Chartered Engineer confirming the supplies/receipt of the capital goods shall be furnished.
9. The second sentence of paragraph 12.12 shall be corrected to read as under:
“Such status holder, however, shall be entitled for SIL benefit based on the eligibility criteria prescribed for Export House, Trading House, Star Trading House and Super Star Trading House”.
10. The following amendment shall be made in Appendix-28A:
a. The following shall be added as S.No.68(c) in the Product Group: Textile:
|Value cap for DEPB entitlement|
|Articles of hosiery/knitwears made of woollen blended yarn (synthetic content in the blended yarn between
b. The description of the export product at S.No. 46 of product group: Textile shall be amended to read as “Grey/bleached/dyed and/or printed fabrics with/ without embroidery manufactured out of spun yarn from manmade fibre.
c. The word and expression “/Sarees” appearing in S.No.43(a), 47(a) and 47(b) of product group: Textiles stands deleted.
d. The description of the export product given at S.No.102 of Product Group: plastic shall be amended to read as “Synthetic footwear made of NBR or PVC or SBR in CKD/SKD”
e. The description of the export product given at S.No.619 of Product Group: Chemicals shall be amended to read as “Acid/Rennet Cassein (Industrial grade) having protein content 80-85%
f. The description of the export product given at S.No.571 of Product Group: Engineering shall be amended to read as “bronze/gun metal impellers for inter stream/thrustream pumps all types.
g. The description of export product given at S.No.37 of Product Group: Textile may be amended to read as “Woollen blended yarn containing polyester/ wool/Acrylic/viscose/ Nylon(dyed).
h. The description of export product given at S.No.38 of Product Group: Textile may be amended to read as “Woollen blended yarn containing Polyester/ Wool/Acrylic/Viscose/Nylon(Grey).
i. The figure “100%” appearing in S.No.526 of Engineering product shall be corrected to read as “100”.
1. S.No.31 of Public Notice No. 10(RE-99) dated 7.6.99 shall be corrected to read as under:
“The replenishment against column no. 2.7 related to rough diamonds in Appendix-30A shall be corrected to read as “95” instead of “100”.
2. S.No.9(a) of Public Notice No. 24 dated 14.7.99
In paragraph 10.11, the Customs Notification No.11/97 dated 1.3.97 and Customs Notification No.55/97 dated 13.6.97 shall be corrected to read as Customs Notification No.20/99 dated 28.2.99.
This issues in public interest.
Director General of Foreign Trade
Copy to all concerned,
By orders etc.
Jt. Director General of Foreign Trade