GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
Dated: 19th September, 2019
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
TRADE NOTICE No. 34/(2015-2020)
1. All Exporters/Members of Trade
2. All Designated Agencies under FTAs/PTAs
Subject: Online filing and Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin through the Common Digital Platform
A new online platform for issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin has been developed which would be a single-point access for all FTAs/PTAs, for all designated CoO issuing agencies and for all export products. The given platform shall be available at the following URL: http://coo.dgft.gov.in
2. The objective of the platform is to provide an electronic, paperless, contactless platform for the CoO application process. The earlier requirement of pre-printed CoO stationery is to be done away with. The authenticity of the certificate would be verifiable through QR code on the certificate. Verification may also be done by keying in the certificate number at the verification link on the portal.
3. Exporters to partner FTA/PTA countries are requested to register onto the platform using their IEC. Digital signature would be required for the purposes of electronic verification in the application process. The digital signature would be the same as used in other DGFT online applications. The following additional points may be noted—
a. This digital signature may be Class II or Class III and should have the firm’s IEC embedded.
b. On registration password would be sent to the email linked to the IEC. If the email is to be updated, the same may be done by using the ‘Online IEC application’ module on the DGFT website.
c. On registration all directors’/partners’ details and branch details would be auto-populated from the DGFT IEC database. Please ensure the IEC details are up-to-date prior to registration.
d. For further guidance, Registration and Application help manual & FAQs may be seen on the main page of the platform.
e. For any assistance you may utilize any of the following channels—
a. Raise a complaint/suggestion ticket through the [email protected] Service available on the DGFT website
b. Call the Helpline at the Toll Free number 1800-111-550
c. Drop an email to [email protected]
4. The platform has been made live at present for registration purposes. Department is in dialog with the FTA/PTA partner countries for accepting the new format of CoO issued. Issue of CoO for India-Chile PTA will be started from 25th September 2019. Therefore, exporters intending to take benefits under India-Chile PTA arc requested to immediately register on the new Co0 platform. The roll out for other partner countries will be notified as soon as their acceptance is received. Accordingly, exporters of other FTA/PTA countries may also start registering on the new COO platform.
[Md. Moin Afague]
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
(Issued from File No. 01/02/82/AM-19/EDI)