OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III),
DPD CELL, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, POST: SHEVA,
TALUKA: URAN, DIST: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA, PIN-400 707.
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/AM(I)
SUB:- Customs clearance on the basis of self-certified copies of PTA/FTA certificates in case of DPD/AEO Clients – Facilitation provided to AEO/DPD importers due to COVID-19 pandemic-Reg.
Attention of allthe Importers, Customs Brokers and members of Trade is invited to the Public Notice No. 31/2017 dtd. 09.03.2017 and Public Notice No. 128/2016 dated 26.09.2016 issued by JNCH, with reference to Board’s Instruction No.31/2016-Customs dated 12.09.2016, wherein the Board has clarified rules regarding rules of Origin under Free/Preferential Trade Agreements and the verification of referential Certificates of Origin.
2. In this regard, in the light of unprecedented situation caused by COVID-19 pandemic and consequent lockdown, it has been decided that the requirement of submission of original PTA/FTA certificate within 15 days of clearance of goods as per aforesaid Public Notice No.31/2017 has been temporarily relaxed and the original certificate may be submitted within 15 days after the end of lock down period as declared by the Government.
3. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Sh. DipinSingla, Joint Commissioner, NS-III, JNCH (Mobile No.9711105944 / email id – [email protected]). Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice will be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of officers / staff.
(S. K. VIMALANATHAN)
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-III)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II,JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G / NS-I / NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V,JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs,JNCH.
4. Representative of BCBA / FIEO – For information and circulation among their members.
5. DC/EDI -For uploading on JNCH website.