OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-IV
MUMBAI CUSTOMS ZONE-II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL:- URAN, DIST : RAIGAD. PIN–400707.
F. No. S/12-Gen-38/2015-16/AM(X)/(Part-I) Dated 26.05.2017
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 67/2017
Subject:- Clearance of the consignments along with the packing material such as pallets at various CFSs of JNCH -Reg.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of JNCH, Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to various other decisions communicated through Public Notices issued from time to time for smooth clearing of consignments and to reduce dwell time.
2. It has been represented by Trade that they are facing difficulty to clear the consignments along with the packing material such as pallets at various CFSs within the jurisdiction of JNCH as they are required to obtain permission to take such deliveries which results in higher dwell time for clearance as well as increase in the transaction cost by payment of higher detention and demurrage charges. It has been represented that:
i. The Packing material imported along with the imported article is the property of the importer.
ii. The problem for permitting delivery of packing material along with main imported item is only faced by importers when De- stuffed delivery is being obtained. This issue is not faced when loaded delivery is taken in FCL cargo.
iii. The instructions pertaining to this matter have been clearly given in the PTFC meeting held on 30.1.2017 wherein it has been clarified that Packing material shall be allowed along with the clearance of import consignments in case of De stuffed delivery.
3. In this regard, it has been decided that importer is not required to obtain separate permission to take delivery of packing material, when cleared along with main imported item, when de- stuffed delivery is being obtained.
4. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy/ Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Export) through email/ phones (email address: email@example.com, Phone No : 022-27244959, 022- 27244979 ). The specific issue, if any, may be brought to the notice of Additional Commissioner/ Joint Commissioner in charge of Import Docks for remedial action.
5. This, issues with approval of the Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II, JNCH. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-IV).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Pr. Commissioner of Customs, NS-1, JNCH.
3. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
4. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
6. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
7. BCHAA. CFSAI
8. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately