Public Notice No. 62/2023 issued by Office of the Principal Commissioner of Customs (NS-I) at Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House, Maharashtra informs all importers, exporters, custom brokers, and other stakeholders about the extension of the due date for mandatory additional qualifiers in import/export declarations.
The public notice refers to Circular no. 15/2023-Customs and the inclusion of additional qualifiers for import declarations. After receiving representations from trade associations and the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, the due date for mandatory declaration has been extended from 01.07.2023 to 01.10.2023.
The extension of the due date provides importers and exporters with more time to comply with the mandatory additional qualifiers. Stakeholders must take note of this update and ensure that their import/export declarations are in accordance with the new requirements to avoid any compliance issues.
Office of the Principal Commissioner of Customs (NS-I),
Appraising Main (Import),
Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House, Nhava-Sheva,
Tal-Uran, Raigad-400707, Maharashtra
(E-mail: email@example.com; Telephone No. 022-27244979)
F. No. S/22-Gen- I 13/2018-19/AM(I)/JNCH
Subject:- Mandatory additional qualifiers in import/export declarations in respect of certain products w.e.f. 01.07.2023- reg.
Attention of all Importers/Exporters, Custom Brokers, CFSs, Custodians, General Trade, Partner Government Agencies (PGAs), all other stakeholders and all the taxpayers is invited towards the Circular no. 15/2023-Customs dt. 07.06.2023 wherein, mandatory additional qualifiers as per para 4 of the said Circular were added for purpose of import declarations under specified chapters, and these additional qualifiers were made mandatory for imports for all Bills of entry filed on or after 01.07.2023 in the manner mentioned in the Annexure-1 to said Circular, and in addition to the existing declaration being made by importers.
2. In this regard, representations were received by Board, CBIC from several trade associations requesting for extension of the due date, i.e., 01.07.2023 for mandatory declaration of additional qualifiers in import declarations as prescribed. Further, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals has also requested to defer implementation of above circular for a further period of 03 months.
3. In view of the above, due date for mandatory declaration of additional qualifiers in import declarations as prescribed in above Circular no. 15/2023-Customs dt. 07.06.2023 is extended from 01.07.2023 to 01.10.2023.
4. Difficulty, if any, noticed in the implementation of this Public Notice may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
Commissioner of Customs,
Nhava Sheva – INCH,
Mumbai Customs Zone — II.
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, INCH for information.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/NS-1/N5-11/NS-111/NS-Audit/NS-V, INCH.
3. All Additional/Joint/Dy./Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, INCH.
4. The CFSAI/BCBA/FIEO/CSLA/MANSA for information.
6. DC, EDI for uploading on INCH website.
7. Office Copy
All CTHs of CHAPTER-28, 29, 32, 38, 39
Field Description in Bit of Entry
|Constituent element name||Constituent element code|
|IUPAC name of the chemical||CAS Number|