SITRA, an acronym for The South India Textile Research Association, is established in the year 1956 and is governed by a Council of Administration consisting of member representatives of the Industry, Government, and Scientists. SITRA is sponsored by the Industry and is supported by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
In the current COVID-19 pandemic situation demand for Personal Protective Equipments (PPEs) has increased drastically. PPEs are protective gears, which includes clothing, helmets, goggles, or other garments or equipment designed to safeguard the health of workers by minimizing the exposure to a biological agent.
Every manufacturer, irrespective of the manufacturing state, who manufactures PPEs like cloths, apron, facemask, etc needs to procure SITRA testing certification for selling PPE products in the market.
APPLICABILITY OF SITRA CERTIFICATION
SITRA certification applies to the following:
BRIEF PROCESS FOR SUBMISSION OF SAMPLES RELATED TO PPES:
1. An online form is being filed with all relevant details concerning the sample.
2. Attach all required documents in pdf format:
3. Make the necessary payment.
4. Pack your samples in a clean polythene cover and courier it to SITRA.
Attach the following along with your sample:
a) The acknowledgment receipt you have taken after the online registration,
b) The physical copy of the affidavit in the cover.
5. SITRA after verifying the testing of the product will issue a UCC (Unique Certification Code) to every verified product which needs to be mentioned the product while selling.
6. The certificate will be valid for a fixed period.
1. At present, the sample submission system for testing PPEs for COVID-19 – N95 facemasks is not accepted.
2. Temporarily PPE samples for coveralls and coveralls fabrics are not accepted.
Disclaimer- This article is for informational purposes only and is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be correct, complete, and up-to-date. Whitespan Advisory does not warrant that the information contained in this article to be accurate or complete, and hereby disclaims any and all liability to any person for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident or any other cause.