1. Introduction: Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector has emerged as a highly vibrant and dynamic sector of the Indian economy over the last five decades. MSMEs not only play crucial role in providing large employment opportunities at comparatively lower capital cost than large industries but also help in industrialization of rural & backward areas, thereby, reducing regional imbalances, assuring more equitable distribution of national income and wealth. MSMEs are complementary to large industries as ancillary units and this sector contributes enormously to the socio-economic development of the country.
What are Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises?
In accordance with the provision of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) are classified in two Classes:
i.Manufacturing Enterprises-The enterprises engaged in the manufacture or production of goods pertaining to any industry specified in the first schedule to the industries (Development and regulation) Act, 1951) or employing plant and machinery in the process of value addition to the final product having a distinct name or character or use. The Manufacturing Enterprise are defined in terms of investment in Plant & Machinery.
ii.Service Enterprises: -The enterprises engaged in providing or rendering of services and are defined in terms of investment in equipment.
2. Eligibilty Criteria for registration under MSME Act vide S.O. 1642(E) dtd.29-09-2006
For manufacturing Business
|S.No.||Enterprises||Investment in Plant and Machinery|
|1.||Micro Enterprises||Upto 25 lakhs|
|2.||Small Enterprises||More than 25 Lakhs upto 5 crores|
|3.||Medium Enterprises||More than 5 crores upto 10 crores|
For service providers
|S.No.||Enterprises||Investment in Equipments|
|1.||Micro Enterprises||Upto 10 lakhs|
|2.||Small Enterprises||More than 10 Lakhs upto 2 crores|
|3.||Medium Enterprises||More than 2 crores upto 5 crores|
3. Documents required for registration as MSME:-
1. Adhar card of the applicant (Proprietor/partner/director)
2. Name of applicant
4. Business name
5. Type of business entity
6. Address where plant is located
7. Office address
8. Date of commencement of business
9. Bank details (Bank Account and IFSC Code)
10. Business activity
11. Number of employees
12. Investment in Plant and Machinery or equipment
13. Photo Id proof of Applicant
14. Mobile number (linked with adhar card)
15. Email Id for OTP Verification
4. Benefits of Udyog Aadhar/MSME Registration: –
1. Benefits of all the government schemes such as an easy loan, loan without guarantee, loans with subsidized rates of interest etc.
2. Financial support for participating in foreign expos to showcase their products.
3. Eligible for government subsidies.
4. Registration would facilitate hassle-free opening of current bank accounts in the name of the business.
5. Allow businesses to apply for government micro business loans and other such related beneficial schemes.
6. Collateral free loan from banks
7. A hefty 50% subsidy on Patent/trademark registration
8.1 % exemption on interest rate on overdraft
9. Eligible for Industrial Promotion subsidy
10. Protection against delayed payment (maximum credit period 45 days)
11. Concession in electricity bills
12. Reimbursement of ISO certification charges
13. Tax Benefits
14. Government tenders only for MSME
5. Some points to be noted for MSME Registration: –
1. MSME registration is also known as Udyog Adhar Registration and it is voluntary registration, not mandatory.
2. If someone wishes to register for more than one industry then they should opt for individual registration
3. In this form, the MSME has to self-certify its existence, details of the business activity, bank account, ownership and employment details and other information
4. No registration fees are required to be paid for this process.
5. After filling the details and uploading the same, the registration number would be generated and the same would be mailed to the email address given in the UAM which should contain unique UAN (Udyog Aadhaar Number)
6. Some of the MSME schemes launched government are Udyog adhar memorandum, zero effect, zero defect
6. Government of India launches support and outreach initiative for greater synergy to MSME Sector:
1. Loan upto 1 crore within 59 minutes through online portal
2. Interest Subvention of 2% for all GST registered MSMEs on fresh incremental loans
3. All companies with a turnover of more than 500 crores to be mandatorily on TReDS platforms to enable entrepreneurs to access credit form Banks, based on their upcoming receivables, thus, solving the problems of cash cycle
4. All PSUs to compulsorily procure 25 % from MSMEs instead of 20% of their total purchases
5. Out of 25% procurement mandated from MSME, 3% reserved for women entrepreneurs
6. All CPUs to compulsorily procure through GeM portal.
7. 100 Technology centres to be established to the cost of Rs. 6000 crore
8. Govt. of India to bear 70 percent of the cost for establishing Pharma dusters
9. Returns under 8 Labour laws and 10 Union regulations to be filed once in a year
10. Establishment to be visited by an Inspector will be decided through computerised random allotment