MINISTRY OF WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
New Delhi, the 14th February, 2017
S.O. 415(E).––Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly to them in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And, whereas, the Ministry of Women and Child Development in the Government of India is administering various training courses to field functionaries under the Integrated Child Development Services Training Programme (hereinafter referred to as ICDS Training Programme) and the beneficiaries include staff of the Anganwadi Training Centers (AWTCs) or Middle level Training Centers (MLTCs), guest faculty or resource persons and trainees who are enrolled in the AWTCs or MLTCs for the training courses;
And whereas, under the ICDS training programme, the grant-in-aid is released to the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations. The Honorarium to resource persons or guest faculty for providing training, transport allowance and incentive, boarding and lodging to trainees at AWTCs and MLTCs run by the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations through Non-Governmental Organizations or Voluntary Organizations that involve recurring expenditures from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (herein after referred to the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:–
1. (1) The desirous beneficiaries of ICDS training programme are hereby required to furnish proof of possession of
Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any desirous beneficiary of ICDS training programme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by 3 1st March, 2017 provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Women and Child Development Department in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations in-charge of implementing the ICDS training programme which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar, is required to offer enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Women and Child Development Department in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations in charge of implementing the ICDS training programme may provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the beneficiaries of ICDS training programme, benefits under the said training programme shall be given to such individual subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:––
(a) (i) if she or he has enrolled, his Aadhaar enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of her or his request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2;
b. i) Bank or Post Office photo passbook; or (ii) Voter ID Card; or (iii) Ration Card; or (iv) Kisan Photo Passbook; or (v) Passport; or (vi) Driving License; or (vii) PAN Card; or (viii) MGNREGS job Card; or (ix) Employee Photo Identity Card issued by the Government or any Public Sector Undertaking ; or (x) Any other Photo identity Card issued by State Government or Union Territory Administration; or (xi) Certificate of identity with photograph issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead; or (xii) any other document specified by the State Government or Union Territory Administration:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer designated by State Government or Union Territory Administration for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries, the Women and Child Development Department in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations in-charge of implementing ICDS training programme, shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:–
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through the Women and Child Development Department in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations in-charge of implementing ICDS training programme shall be given to the prospective beneficiaries of ICDS training programme to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled for Aadhaar at the nearest enrolment centers available in their areas, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case the beneficiaries of ICDS training programme are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to non-availability of Aadhaar enrolment Centers in the Blocks or Tehsils or Talukas, the Women and Child Development Department in the State Governments or Union Territory Administrations in-charge of implementing the ICDS Training programme is required to create enrolment facilities for Aadhaar at convenient locations and the beneficiaries of ICDS training programme may register their request for enrolment by giving their name, address, mobile number and other details as specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the local authorities in-charge of implementation of the ICDS training programme.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in all States and Union Territories except the State of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 17/02/2016-ICDS TR ]
Dr. RAJESH KUMAR, Jt. Secy.