Insurance Regulatory And Development Authority of India
3rd March, 2021
CEOs /CMDs of All Insurance Companies (Except AIC & ECGC)
Dear Madam /Sir,
Re: Facilitation by the Insurers for COVID-19 vaccination for the policyholders
1. The national programme of vaccination against COVID-19 for citizens of age 60 and above and those of age 45 and above with comorbidities commenced on 1st March, 2021.
2. Guidelines have been issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare MoH&FW ) for vaccination of eligible citizens. Vaccination is provided free of cost at Government Health Facilities. Vaccination is also available in designated Private Health Facilities, at a rate as specified by the Government of India.
3. All the Insurers are requested to join this national effort. They are requested to make special arrangements to facilitate eligible category among their policyholders to get vaccinated as a group or individually either at a government facility or private facilities as per the option of the policyholders. First, Insurers may create awareness about vaccination among the policyholders through effective communication via SMS or email. Secondly, they may assist the policyholder as a group to get vaccinated in an orderly manner by assisting them and making advance arrangement through pre booking slots. Thirdly, the policyholders may be reminded for the 2nd shot of vaccine in time.
4. The Insurers are also requested to give adequate publicity on the process of registration for vaccination programme and special arrangements made if any to their policyholders so that the maximum number of eligible policyholders may avail the vaccination against COVID-19 disease.
5. Similar arrangements may be made for all the employees of the Insurer and also all the agents so that they can be made immune to future COVID-19 infection.
6. Action taken in the matter may please be intimated to the Authority at the earliest.
(Suresh Mathur )