MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
(Department of Commerce)
(MARINE PRODUCTS EXPORT DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY)
New Delhi, the 11th October, 2017
S.O. 3290(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Department of Commerce (hereinafter referred to as the Department) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in the Government of India is providing Grants-in-Aid and subsidies to the Marine Products Export Development Authority under the Central Sector Scheme of “Marine Products Export Development” (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) with the key objective of overall development of the marine products industry across the country;
And whereas, the Grants-in-Aid given to the Marine Products Export Development Authority (hereinafter referred to as the Implementing Agency) under the Scheme, inter-alia, is used for giving trainings, subsidies and awareness programs (hereinafter referred to as the benefits) to the Fishers, Aquaculture farmers, Workers, Technologists and the individual exporters (hereinafter together referred to as the beneficiaries) under various sub-components of the Scheme as per the extant Scheme guidelines;
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme involves expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government notifies the following, namely:
1. (1) An individual desirous of receiving the benefits under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual desirous of receiving the benefits under the Scheme who does not possess the Aadhaar number or, who has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall be required to make an application for Aadhaar enrolment by 31st December, 2017 in case he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act, and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department through its Implementing Agency, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not enrolled for Aadhaar, and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department through its Implementing Agency shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by itself becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals, subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i) If he or she has enrolled for Aadhaar, his or her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) A copy of the request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2; and
(b) any one of the following documents:
(i) Voter Identity Card issued by the Election Commission of India; or
(ii) Driving licence issued by the Licencing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(iii) Certificate of identity having photo of such individual issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an Official Letter Head; or
(iv) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card issued by the Income Tax Department; or
(vi) Ration Card; or
(vii) Bank Passbook or Post Office Passbook with photo; or
(viii) any other document specified by the Department:
Provided that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Department through its Implementing Agency for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries under the scheme, the Department through its Implementing Agency shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(1) wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar to receive the benefits under the Scheme and, in case they are not enrolled, they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre available in their areas by 31st December, 2017 and the list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, the beneficiaries are not able to enrol due to non-availability of the enrolment centres within their vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Department through its Implementing Agency shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations and beneficiaries may register their requests for enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the designated officials of the Implementing Agency or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union territory Administrations except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 11/3/2016-EP (MP)]
SANTOSH KUMAR SARANGI, Jt. Secy.