MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 29th September, 2021
S.O. 4075 (E). – In accordance with the provisions of sub-section (3) of the section 132 of the Companies Act, 2013 and in pursuance of rule 4 of the National Financial Reporting Authority (Manner of Appointment and other Terms and Conditions of Service of Chairperson and Members) Rules, 2018, the Central Government hereby constitutes a search-cum-selection committee consisting of the following members for recommending names for appointment of chairperson and full time members in the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA), namely:-
(i) Cabinet Secretary – Chairperson
(ii) Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister – Member
(iii) Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs – Member
(iv) Chairperson, NFRA – Member (for selection of full time members)
(v) Shri Injeti Srinivas, Chairperson, International – Member Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)
(vi) Shri Ajay Tyagi, Chairman, Securities and – Member Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
(vii) Shri P. C. Jain, Former Principal, Shri Ram College of – Member Commerce, University of Delhi.
2. The Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs shall be the Convener of the search-cum-selection committee.
3. The search-cum-selection committee shall determine its own procedure for making its recommendations.
4. No appointment of chairperson or a full time member shall be invalid merely by reason of any vacancy or absence in the search-cum-selection committee.
5. The search-cum-selection committee shall make its recommendations in regard to appointment of chairperson or the members, as the case may be, to the Central Government within a period not exceeding one hundred and twenty days from the date of reference made to it by the Central Government.
6. Secretarial assistance to the search-cum-selection committee will be provided by Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
[F. No. NFRA-05/4/2021-Comp-MCA]
K.V.R. MURTY, Jt. Secy.