Examination Department of the Institute would like to avail the services of the members of the Institute (upto 15 years of Experience) to act as Checker for totaling etc. of marks awarded by examiner, other details are as under:
The Examination Department of the Institute avails the services of resourcepersons (members of the Institute, academicians, executives, etc.) to act asExaminers to evaluate the answer books of Chartered Accountants Examinations(Final/IPCE/PCE). To assist them in totaling etc. of marks awarded, a Checker isallocated by the Examination Department to each examiner. A checker is required,to perform, inter-alia, the following functions at the place of concerned examiner :
(1) To ensure that all answer/parts of answers including working notes, graphsheet, etc. have been evaluated.
(2) To ensure that the marks awarded to the sub parts of a question werecarried forward/entered in the marks grid on the cover page of the answer bookand have been totaled correctly.
(3) To ensure that where extra question as per choice in the question paper hasbeen answered, the least mark for the answer to the non-compulsory question hasbeen ignored, while arriving at the total marks.
(4) To ensure that the total marks written in numerals in the marks grid on thecover page of the answer book tallies with what is written in words therein below.
(5) To ensure that the total marks in the grid in numerals in the OMR portion onthe right hand bottom corner of the cover page of the answer book is donecorrectly.
(6) To ensure that the darkening of the corresponding OMR circles on the coverpage is done as per the numerals written in the box therein above correctly.
(7) To ensure that the total marks on the cover page of the answer book iscarried forwarded correctly in the award list against the respective code number.
(8) To ensure that totals of the marks entered in each column of the award list iscorrect.
(9) To ensure that the grand total of each award list is correct.
(10) To ensure that the total number of answer books is entered correctly in therelevant box in the award list.
(11) To ensure that darkening of circles in the award list is in accordance with themarks written in numerals against the respective code number of the answer book.
(12) To ensure that the page wise totals of marks awarded on the award list iscarried forward correctly to the summary sheet.
(13) To ensure that totaling of marks of all the candidates entered in theSummary Sheet is correct.Overall scheme for members of the Institute to empanel as acheckers:
(I) Members who would like to associate with the Examination Department toact as Checker have to fill up an online form available at
The ExaminationDepartment will not entertain any other mode of empanelment application form.