1. Chartered Accountants Association filed writ against Indian Bank for not allotting Statutory Audit for Financial Year 2020-21 to erstwhile Allahabad bank auditors. RBI is been made respondent to the writ.
2. It is requested to To quash the appointment of auditors for financial year 2020-21.
3. To redo the entire process of audit considering the continuing auditors
RELEVANT PART OF THE WRIT IS AS FOLLOWS:-
Will you kindly treat the accompanying Writ as an urgent one in accordance with the High Court Rules and Orders. The Grounds of urgency are :-
1. Urgent directions to Respondent No 1 (Reserve Bank of India) to share the correct list of continuing auditors with respondent No 2 (Indian Bank through Chairman) for allotment of Bank Branch audits to the continuing auditors.
2. Urgent direction to Respondent No 1 (Reserve Bank of India) to quash the appoinments already done for the FY 2020-21.
3. Urgent direction to, Respondent No. 2 (i.e Indian Bank through Chairman) to redo the entire process of allotment considering the continuing auditors.