CBDT has vide Notification No. 83/2021-Income Tax | Dated: 29th July, 2021 inserted rule 130 and Omitted various Income Tax rules and Forms. It further inserted Rule 131 which related to Electronic furnishing of Income tax Forms, Returns, Statements, Reports, orders
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
G.S.R. 514(E).-In exercise of the powers conferred by section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, (43 of 1961) the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:‑
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (21st Amendment) Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force from the date of publication of notification in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962, after rule 129, the following rules shall be inserted, namely:‑
“130. Omission of certain rules and Forms and savings.-(1) Rules 5A, 5AB, 6ABB, 12B, 12BA, 16D, 16DD, 16E, 16F, 18B, 18BB, 18BBA, 18DD, 18DDA, 20AB, 29AA, 29D, 37, 37E, 37F, 44A, 48, 123 and rule 124 shall be omitted.
(2) In Appendix II, Forms ITR-8, 2B, 2C, 2E, 3AA, 3AAA, 3BA, 4, 5, 5A, 10AA, 10C, 10CC, 10CCA, 10CCAA, 10CCAB, 10CCABA, 10CCAC, 10CCAD, 10CCAE, 10CCAF, 10CCAG, 10CCAH, 10CCAI, 10CCBA, 10CCBB, 10CCBBA, 10CCBC, 10CCBD, 10DB, 10DC, 10G, 10HA, 11, 11A, 12, 12A, 151, 15J, 16AA, 22, 24, 26, 27E, 30, 34A, 34B, 34BA, 37, 37EE, 37F, 37G, 37H, 37-I, 54, 55, 56A, 56AA, 56B, 56BA, 56C, 56CA, 56E, 56F, 56FF, 56G, 56H, 58A, 58B, 63, 63A and Form 63AA shall be omitted.
(3) Notwithstanding such omission, on and from the date of commencement of this rule‑
(i) any proceeding pending before any income-tax authority, any Appellate Tribunal or any court, by way of appeal, reference or revision, shall be continued and disposed of as if rules and forms mentioned in sub-rule (1) and sub-rule (2) have not been omitted;
(ii) any agreement entered into, appointment made, approval given, recognition granted, direction, instruction, notification or order issued under the rules and Forms mentioned in sub-rule (1) and sub-rule (2) shall be deemed to continue in force as if rules and forms mentioned in sub-rule (1) and sub-rule (2) have not been omitted.
131. Electronic furnishing of Forms, Returns, Statements, Reports, orders etc.– (1) The Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) or the Director General of Income-tax (Systems), as the case may be, may with the approval of the Board specify that any of the Forms, returns, statements, reports, orders, by whatever name called, prescribed in Appendix II, shall be furnished electronically‑
(i) under digital signature, if the return of income is required to be furnished under digital signature; or
(ii) through electronic verification code in a case not covered under clause (i).
(2) The Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) or the Director General of Income-tax (Systems), as the case may be, shall‑
(i) with the approval of the Board specify the Forms, returns, statements, reports, orders, referred to in sub-rule (1), which are to be furnished electronically;
(ii) lay down the data structure, standards and procedure of furnishing and verification of such Forms, returns, statements, reports, orders, including modification in format, if required, to make it compatible for furnishing electronically; and
(iii) be responsible for formulating and implementing appropriate security, archival and retrieval policies in relation to the said Forms, returns, statements, reports, orders.”.
[Notification No. 83/2021/F. No. 370142/30/2021-TPL]
ANKIT JAIN, Under Secy. (Tax Policy and Legislation Division)
Note : The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section 3, Subsection (ii) vide notification number S.O. 969 (E), dated the 26th March, 1962 and last amended vide notification number G.S.R. 509(E) dated 27th July, 2021.