Request for GSTR 3B Extension: GCCI Appeals to Finance Minister
Introduction: In a formal communication to Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Hon’ble Minister of Finance and Chairman, GST Council, the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry (GCCI) addresses concerns and seeks an extension for the time limit of filing FORM GSTR 3B for October 2023.
1. Background and Reference: The letter, dated 16th October, 2023 (Reference: Letter No. 20573), is a reminder of the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s earlier request for an extension of the time limit for filing FORM GSTR 3B.
2. Challenges Faced: The GCCI emphasizes the challenges faced by businesses due to the current deadline falling within a period of festive closures. This situation poses significant difficulties for registered persons in adhering to the prescribed timeline.
3. Extension Request: The initial letter, dated 18th October 2023, provided a detailed explanation of the unique circumstances. The GCCI requested an extension of at least 10 days, proposing 30th November 2023 as the revised deadline for paying tax and filing the return for October 2023 in FORM GSTR 3B.
4. Consideration and Support Appeal: The letter expresses gratitude for the Finance Minister’s consideration and highlights the crucial circumstances faced by businesses during the festive period. It emphasizes the importance of the requested extension to facilitate compliance.
5. Positive Decision Anticipation: The GCCI conveys optimism and looks forward to a positive decision from Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman regarding the extension of the time limit for filing FORM GSTR 3B for October 2023.
Conclusion: The Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry’s appeal for an extension of the GSTR 3B filing deadline for October 2023 reflects the genuine challenges faced by businesses during festive closures. The request, supported by a detailed explanation, seeks to ensure that businesses can meet their compliance obligations effectively. The GCCI awaits a favorable decision from Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, acknowledging the unique circumstances and the importance of accommodating businesses during this period.
Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry
8th November, 2023/20708
Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman
Hon’ble Minister of Finance and Chairman, GST Council
Govt. of India
New Delhi — 110011
Sub: Reminder – Request for Extension of Time Limit for Filing FORM GSTR 3B for October 2023
Reference: Letter No. 20573 dated 16th October, 2023
Greetings from Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry (GCCI).
We are writing to bring to your kind attention a request we submitted during last month regarding the extension of the time limit for filing FORM GSTR 3B for the month of October 2023.
We expressed our concerns that the current deadline for filing the return falls within a period when most business establishments and offices are closed, making it extremely challenging for registered persons to comply with the prescribed timeline.
Given these unique circumstances, we requested an extension of at least 10 days, making 30th November 2023 the last date for paying tax and filing the return for the month of October 2023 in FORM GSTR 3B.
We kindly request you to review our initial letter dated 18th October 2023, which provided a more detailed explanation of the situation. Your support and consideration for crucial circumstances faced by businesses during this festive period would be highly appreciated.
We look forward to your positive decision regarding our request for an extension of the time limit for filing FORM GSTR 3B for October 2023.
With warm regards,
Sr. Vice President
Encl: Letter as mentioned above