DEPARTMENT OF TRADE & TAXES, GOVT. OF NCT OF DELHI
VYAPAR BHAWAN, I.P..ESTATE, NEW DELHI.
No. F.3(521)/Policy/VAT/2015 Date :23/02/2017
CIRCULAR NO. 24 OF 2016-17
Subject:- Grant of on line Registration under DVAT and CST
In supersession to this department’s Circular No 03 of 2015-16 Dated 27-04-2015, the online process to be adopted, henceforth, for grant of registration under DVAT and /or CST Act is hereby spelt out as under:
1. The applicant dealer, applying online, shall provide PAN details and other brief particulars including e-mail, mobile etc. to begin with.
2. PAN shall be verified from Income Tax data base, maintained by NSDL, on real time basis.
3. On successful PAN verification, user ID and password would be communicated to the applicant on the same day.
4. The applicant dealer can file registration application under DVAT and /or CST Act, as the case may be, and deposit fee online. Scanned requisite documents are also required to be uploaded with the application.
5. The application(s) would be made available in the login of concerned ward VATO for examination of application documents.
6. Consequent upon approval of the VATO concerned, the digitally signed Registration Certificate/TIN (downloadable at the dealer’s end) will be granted preferably within one day to the prospective applicant dealer, (instead of ‘Provisional Certificate’ hitherto issued), for which no VATI verification at this stage shall be required.
7. The provision of providing Bank Account details, at the time of applying for registration under DVAT & CST Act, as envisaged in Form DVAT 04, Part ( Column No 16) shall be optional ,on the part of the applicant dealer. However, the dealer shall have to provide Bank Account details of the business expeditiously on or before the filing of first Return, in r/o the registered entity.
This issues with the prior approval of the Commissioner, VAT.
Joint Commissioner (Policy)