This article is not about GST Portal Getting down/slowness of GST Portal or its capacity issue. We have listed here many other issues which taxpayers are facing on GST PORTAL. These issues has made GST portal inefficient and give taxpayers poor experience when it comes to Return filing or getting/reconciling details from the portal –
1. Negative figure in GSTR 3B- Law is clear but Portal is still not ready for the same. Possibility of Negative Figure in 3B is cannot be ruled out. Definitely not provided because the technical team is not ready.
2. Headache of Jumping to screens while searching in B2B – While searching particular Invoice in B2B in GSTR 1 Screen, You can view only 5 invoice in one screen in B2B in GSTR 1 Imagine if you have 450 invoice of diffrent GSTIN then there you have to Click on screen at-lest 90 times.
3. Incapable to provide viewing if 500 or more invoice- For more than 500 invoices you can’t even see invoice on portal. Needless to say, In this case, you can’t share screen shot to vendors that you uploaded his invoices for proof.
4. Limited Login time – Why limited login time ? IT portal used to give 45 mins in one login. But GST Portal is too limited . Sometimes while New registration Application or refund application , It takes hours Frequent log out will waste hours
5. Editing Figure – On GST portal, even editing a number is not simple. First backspace has no impact on changing figures. You have to re-write whole figure again. Can It be as simple as excel.
6. COPY PASTE – Copy paste facility is must. We do not create content on your portal most of the times.
7. CREDIT LEDGER / CASH LEDGER viewing- You can view on 6 months. Now for a Particular Financial year , You have jump 3 times to view full Credit ledger / cash ledger. Why cant give Full fledged experience? Isnt it irritating ?
8. My applications menu viewing- Same, You can see only 3 months DRC -3 OR REFUND applications So again Jumping Jumping… At-least year wise Index will help to find things easily .
9. Eway Bill Portal – DATE RANGE – Date range in Eway Bill Reports is of 5 days only which is impractical and exceptionally low
10. Amendment in B2B Amendment in B2B / B2CS Invoice allowed only once while in Export Invoice it is allowed multiple times.
11. GSTR -1 summary generation In GSTR-1 Summary generation takes 10 minutes for generating GSTR-1 summary, irrespective of number of invoices
12. EMSIGNER problem – Still having to perform https:// 127 . 0 . 0 . 1 : 1585 even after 4 years for DSC use
13. Back Button leading to diff screens – On every page the behaviour of back button is not the same. In fact for switching to another GSTR 1 / 3B – the selection process is too long.
14. EXCEL UTILITIES FOR REFUND APPLICATION- Statement 1a & Statement -3 . while making json from Excel , this excel utilities are BIGGEST headache to work upon . Different date formats for different sheets. GSTR1 takes 11-June-2021 while for RFD01 it is 11-06-2021.. Sometimes It changes date to mm-dd-yyyy if date is below 13
15. PAGE ANIMATION- Also the page loading animation, the screen dims and lights up as the page loads. It is very irritating on the eyes specially when the site is running very slow. even sometime page gets black & white and logs out
16. FILE SIZE ISSUE Ownership documents include Index copy, & Sale deed . Address proof Municipal Tax receipt . But only 100 Kb given. Why cant it be 5 MB FILE SIZE ?
17. DATE OF GRANTING Even When Registration is granted – date printed on certificate should be from date when Registration is applied, not when granted. This shows technical person is unaware about tax laws
Please add more points if you think to add
Request @Infosys_GSTN & @Infosys to hire PROFESSIONALS for working on portal. When you are developing portal for Tax be it GST or Income Tax , you need inputs from Tax professional at ground level, to make it successful.