A) Advisory to Taxpayers on Improved GSTR-3B Return Filing Process
- Filing of GSTR 3B Return made easier and user friendly.
- Optimum utilization of ITC is displayed by System, which however can be edited.
- The amount to be paid in cash after taking into account ITC, gets displayed.
- One click Challan preparation to avoid payment of tax under wrong heads.
- FAQs and User Manual are provided alongwith pop ups, to guide taxpayers while filling Form GSTR 3B.
- Fill either CGST or SGST/UGST amount, other tax will get auto filled.
- Form GSTR 3B can be previewed or downloaded, for cross verifying saved details in any table(s), by Clicking PREVIEW DRAFT GSTR-3B button. The draft Summary page of your GSTR-3B can be downloaded for review.
- Once taxpayer proceeds to payment, the details of balances as available in cash and credit ledgers can be seen (refer Table 6.1 – Payments Table) at one place.
- Tax liabilities as declared in the return along with the credits gets updated in the ledgers and displayed in the “Tax payable” column of the payment section and can be seen while hovering on the said headings of credit in the payment section.
- System auto-populates “Tax to be paid through ITC” fields with optimum utilization amounts based on provisions of the law relating to credit utilisation. It is suggestive and taxpayer may edit the ITC utilization. In case ITC utilization is changed, the cash to be paid also gets changed accordingly.
- If available cash balance in Electronic cash ledger is insufficient to offset the liabilities, additional cash required for paying liability is displayed in the last column of the Table (Additional cash required). Taxpayer may create challan for that amount directly by clicking on the CREATE CHALLAN button. Once online payment is made, system will navigate back to Payments Table.
- Click the MAKE PAYMENT/POST CREDIT TO LEDGER button to pay off the liabilities or to claim credit in case of no liabilities.
- Click “Proceed to file” and File GSTR-3B with EVC or File GSTR-3B with DSC. (“Submit” button has been removed).
B) Form ITC 03 : Taxpayers who opt to pay tax under Section 10 or where goods or services both supplied becomes wholly exempt, can declare ITC Reversal/ Payment of tax on inputs held in stock or in semi-finished goods or in finished goods and capital goods, in Form GST ITC 03, made available on GST Portal.
C) Miscellaneous changes : Following changes has also been done on GST Portal –
- Before logging onto the GST Portal, taxpayers can search results of last 10 Returns Transaction Status. The Status which will be shown as:
- For Filed-Valid – Status to be shown as Filed
- For Valid But Not Filed – Status to be shown as Not Filed
- A field to enter cess amount paid on exports has been provided in Table 6A of Form GSTR 1.
- Taxpayers have been provided with facility to give details of supplies made to merchant exporters at rate of 0.1 %, in all returns.
- In GSTR-1 & GSTR-5, on addition of records (Invoices/ Dr. Notes/ Cr. Notes), an option has been provided to taxpayer to select a lower tax rate for motor vehicle leasing businesses, as per Notification No. 37/2017-Central Tax (Rate), dated 13-10-2017.
- A field for providing “Reason for Issuing Note” was available in Credit/Debit note table, in Form GSTR 1, which was to be selected by the Taxpayer, on addition of Credit/Debit note. This dropdown for providing reason, which was a mandatory field, has now been removed from Form GSTR 1.