Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
The tax collection figures upto January 2017 show consistent trend of healthy growth. The note below has the details of the direct and indirect tax collection details for the month of January 2017 and upto the month of January 2017 and they show a positive growth.
1. During January 2017, the net indirect tax grew at the rate of 9% compared to corresponding month last year. The growth rate in net collection for Customs, Central Excise and Service Tax was 10.1%, 26.3% and 9.4% respectively during the month of January 2017, compared to the corresponding month last year.
2. The figures for indirect tax collections (Central Excise, Service Tax and Customs) up to January 2017 show that net revenue collections are at Rs 03 lakh crore, which is 23.9% more than the net collections for the corresponding period last year. Till January 2017, about 82.8% of the Revised Estimates (RE) of indirect taxes for Financial Year 2016-17 has been achieved.
3. As regards Central Excise, net tax collections stood at 3.13 lakh crore during April-January, 2016-17 as compared to Rs.2.23 lakh crore during the corresponding period in the previous Financial Year, thereby registering a growth of 40.5%.
4. Net Tax collections on account of Service Tax during April-January, 2016-17 stood at 2.03 lakh crore as compared to Rs.1.66 lakh crore during the corresponding period in the previous Financial Year, thereby registering a growth of 22.0%.
5. Net Tax collections on account of Customs during April-January 2016-17 stood at Rs. 1.86 lakh crore as compared to Rs. 1.77 lakh crore during the same period in the previous Financial Year, thereby registering a growth of 4.7%.