TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY
(PART – I, SECTION – I)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 13(RE-2007)/2004-09
NEW DELHI: the 2nd July, 2007
Subject: – Procedure for import of Vegetable Fats (Vanaspati), Pepper [ITC (HS) Code No. 090411] and Desiccated Coconut [ITC (HS) Code No. 080111] under Indo-Sri Lanka Free Trade Agreement.
In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 2.4 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2004-09, as notified in the Gazette of India extraordinary Part II, Section 3, Sub section (ii) as amended from time to time, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby,
1. Withdraws Public Notice No. 04/ (RE-2007)/ 2004-09 dated 7.5.07.
2. Paragraph 2(ii) of Public Notice No. 69(RE-2006) / 2004-2009 dated 21.11.2006 is amended to read as under:
“The total quantum of import of vanaspati including bakery shortening and margarine under Indo-Sri Lanka Free Trade Agreement shall be restricted to 2.5 lakh MT per annum. However, the total quantum of import of vanaspati including bakery shortening and margarine under the agreement shall be restricted to 3,12,500 MT for the year 2007-08. This shall be allocated in four equal quarterly installments. These imports shall be permitted subject to the following arrangements/procedure: -”
3. Following sub-paragraph is added to existing paragraph 2(ii) (b) of Public Notice No. 69(RE-2006) / 2004-2009 dated 21.11.2006 as under:
“Applications shall be submitted to DGFT on quarterly basis 15 days prior to start of new quarter i.e for quarter July-September application shall be submitted to DGFT by 15th June. However, for quarter ‘July-September’ of licensing year 2007-08 last date of application is 20th July 2007.”
4. Following sub-paragraph is added after existing paragraph 2 (iii) (b) of Public Notice No. 69(RE-2006) / 2004-2009 dated 21.11.2006 as under:
“Applications shall be submitted to DGFT on yearly basis 15 days prior to start of new licensing year i.e for 2008-09 application shall be submitted by 15th March, 2008. (However, for licensing year 2007-08 last date of application is 20th July 2007.)”
5. This issues in public interest.
Director General of Foreign Trade
And Ex-Officio Additional Secretary to the Govt. of India
(Issued from F.No.01/53/162/1109/AM07/F-2/ILS/PC-IA)