(TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY PART-I, SECTION-1) (PART-I, SECTION-1)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 58/2015-2020, Dated : February 01, 2016
Subject: Amendment in ANF 2A of Appendices and Aayat Niryat Forms (2015-2020).
In exercise of powers conferred under paragraph 2.4 of the Foreign Trade Policy (2015-2020), the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby amends the ANF 2A [ Application Form for Issue / Modification in Importer Exporter Code Number (IEC)] and further notifies that:
i. Effective from the date of this Public Notice, online applications for IEC will require only 2 documents to be uploaded electronically. ie. (i)PAN (ii) Cancelled cheque bearing entity’s pre-printed name or Bank certificate, besides the Digital Photograph of the signatory applicant.
ii. The manual mode of submitting applications for Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) as per the existing format will be withdrawn w.e.f. 1.4.2016.
iii. Application for new IEC will be accepted in online mode only w.e.f. 01.04.2016
iv. Thus, only online application for IEC /modification in IEC can be made by applicants through digital signature (Class-II or Class-III) w.e.f 01.04.2016. Applicants are advised to visit http://dgft.gov.in/exim/2000/digsig.htm for details regarding obtaining digital signature.
v. The revised online format for IEC applications (ANF 2A) and Bank Certificate [ANF-2A (i)], as attached, is notified.
vi. After receipt of applications complete in all respects, decision regarding grant or refusal of IEC will be taken and communicated by the concerned Regional Authorities (RA) of DGFT within two working days, after processing the application on the basis of the check list, attached herewith.
vii. The facility of filing online application for IEC will also be available through e-biz portal of DIPP, after its integration with DGFT’s system.
viii. Persons seeking any benefit from any authority, by claiming status as manufacturer exporter, have to prove its credence for the same independently to that authority.
2. Effect of Public Notice:
Applicants can, with immediate effect, submit online application for IEC by uploading only 2 documents, besides their digital photograph. The manual mode of applications for IEC will cease to exist w.e.f. 1.4.2016 and only online applications for IEC /modification in IEC would be accepted with digital signatures w.e.f. 1.4.2016.
Director General of Foreign Trade
GUIDELINES ON THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR ISSUE/MODIFICATION IN IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE (IEC) NUMBER
– Applicants are advised to read the instructions carefully before applying.
– Effective from 1.4.2016 only online mode of application for IEC /modification in IEC will be available.
– Applications for IEC /modification in IEC can be made online only by applicants with digital signature (class-II or class-III) w.e.f 1.4.2016.
– Applicants are advised to visit http://dgft.gov.in/exim/2000/digsig.htm for details regarding obtaining digital signature from (n) Code Solutions CA; e-Mudhra; and Safescrypt [Sifycomm /Sify Communication Limited (Formerly SafeScrypt Limited)]
– Online applications require only 2 documents i.e. (i) PAN; and (ii) Cancelled Cheque bearing entity’s pre-printed name or Bank Certificate, to be uploaded.
– Signatory applicants seeking IEC are required to upload their Digital Photograph (3x3cm).
– Online application form(ANF-2A) for new IEC/modification in IEC is attached
– Format of Bank Certificate is as per attached ANF-2A(i)
– Ensure that the documents are legible before uploading.
– The documents should be uploaded in digital format–GIF, JPEG size not exceeding 5MB.
o Ensure that details filled in the application match with details as in the uploaded documents, i.e (i) PAN; and (ii) Cancelled Cheque or Bank Certificate.
– Information furnished in the application form will be cross-checked with the uploaded documents and verified with details available at http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and http://www.mca.gov.in as per the check list attached (Annexure-I).
– Applicants must ensure that their details as uploaded, and as available in the aforesaid websites, matches with the details as filled in the application form. Any mismatch in corresponding details will lead to rejection of application.
– Applicants must also read through the General instructions as at the end of the application, before submission of the application, to ensure that the form has been filled correctly.
– Applicants can also cross-check their application details as per the check sheet attached to ensure correct submission of information.
– Online IEC applications once rejected will not be processed any further. Applicant’s desirous of seeking IEC will have to apply afresh, by paying the processing fees of Rs 500/-
– Instruction for modification in IEC is detailed in Part G of ANF-2A.