OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS NS-II & IV JAWAHAR
LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA TAL: URAN, DIST.
F.No.S/12-Gen-82/2015-16 AM(X) Date: 05.06.2017
Facility Notice No. 70 /2017
Sub: Facility for Online Generation of Rotation Number by Shipping Lines/ Agents – Reg.
Attention of all the importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers, Shipping Lines/ Agents and other stake holders is invited to the facility of ‘Online Generation of Rotation Number by Shipping Lines/ Agents’ communicated by Board Circular No. 20/2017-Customs dated 31.05.2017 and Public Notice No. 166/2016-17 dated 05.12.2016 issued by JNCH.
2. Under the present process for the allotment of ‘Rotation Number’ for a vessel that calls on a port, the concerned Shipping Line or Shipping Agent (SL/SA) must file an application with the designated section in the Custom House, along with the desired particulars in the prescribed format. After confirmation of the particulars, the designated official who is assigned the appropriate role on the Indian Customs EDI System (ICES), enters the relevant data in this system. Upon submission of this data, the ‘Rotation Number’ is generated by the System (ICES) and print-outs showing the vessel particulars and the ‘Rotation Number’ are generated for the (SL/ SA). This process for allotment of ‘Rotation Number’ for vessels has been reviewed by Board.
3. With a view to simplify the generation of ‘Rotation Number’ for vessels, a facility has been developed on the ICE GATE for online application and self-generation of Rotation Number by Shipping Lines/ Agents(SL/ SA). Under this facility, the Shipping Lines/ Agents registered with ICE GATE using their digital signature have been given an option “Rotation Number Generation” on the ICE GATE user menu. The declarant needs to provide the following details in the web-form:-
i. Customs Location Code (LOCODE)
ii. IMO Code of the vessel
iii. Voyage Number
iv. Master’s Name
v. Shipping Line Code
vi. Shipping Agent Code
vii. Next Port of Call
viii. Expected Date of Arrival of vessel.
4. On submission of the above details and authentication by the user and after submission of a one-time password (OTP), the Rotation Number would be generated by the system. The user also has option to check the status of Rotation in the system under secure login. For casual visitors (members of the trade), a ‘Rotation Number Inquiry’ option would be made available on the ICE GATE website.
5. In this regard all importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers, Shipping Lines/ Agents and other stake holders involved in the processing and clearance of import cargo desirous of availing & utilizing this facility are advised to register themselves with the ICE GATE along with the digital signature.
6. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy / Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Export) through email / phones (email address: email@example.com, Phone No : 022-27244959,).
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS