OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS – III
APPRAISING MAIN (IMPORT)
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA- SHEVA
TAL-URAN, IRAIGAD – 400 707, MAHARASHTRA
(e-mail:email@example.com Telephone No.022-27244779)
F.NO. S/22-GEN-133/2017-18/ AM (I) NS-I
Attention of Importers/Exporters, Custom Brokers, Trade, Customs Staff and Stakeholders is invited to Standing Order No. 17/2017 dated 03.07.2017 concerning charges for late presentation of the B/E.
2. As the e-Sanchit Portal for uploading supporting documents was very slow in generating the Image Reference Number (IRN) and sometimes the number was not generated on 09.07.2019 and 10.07.2019, the trade faced difficulty in filing the Bills of Entry within the time period stipulated under Section 46 of the Customs Act, 1962 and Regulation 4(1) of the Bill of Entry (Forms) Regulations, 2018.
3. Hence, as a measure of trade facilitation, it has been decided that for the consignments with entry inward dates 08.07.20 19 to 09.07.20 19 and Bill of Entry dates between 08.07.20 19 and 10.07.20 19, there will be no charge on late presentation of Bill of Entry. In all such cases, waiver of late filing charges pertaining to the above said period would be dealt directly by the respective Dy. /Asst. Commissioners of the Group.
4. In case of any further delay in generation of Bill of Entry after 07.20 19, the Customs Brokers or the Importer is requested to submit evidence like Job No., Screen Shots of the Job No. from ICEGATE/Message received in ICEGATE, to show that efforts were made for submitting a job in ICEGATE for filing Bill of Entry but no positive acknowledgement was received from ICES. All such cases of waiver of late filing charges pertaining to a Bill of Entry filed after 10.07.20 19 for entry inward dates 08.07.20 19 and 09.07.20 19 would be dealt by the respective DC/AC on merits.
5. Difficulties faced, if any, may be brought to the notice of the Joint Commissioner of Customs, AM (I) for necessary action.
(S. K. Mall)
Commissioner of Customs
JNCH (Nhava Sheva-I)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioners of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH. 7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.