OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-I) MUMBAI
ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400707
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/AM(I)Part-II
Dated : 08.05.2020
(Amendment/Modification in Public Notice No. 35/2020)
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers and all other stakeholders is invited to the Public Notice No. 35/2020 dated 27.03.2020 on the above mentioned subject. The said Public Notice has provided facility of communicating request for Amendment and Late Fees Waiver on the given email Ids.
2. Review of Data of last one month has demonstrated that this facility has been used extensively by the Trade and, has been proved to be very successful measure in reducing human contact in the Customs process during this COVID crisis. Review has also revealed that these email requests have been attended and the issues resolved in a reasonable time.
2.1 However, it has been noticed that Group mail id (of Gov. domain) provided in this Public Notice are different from the Group mail Ids (@ICEGATE) mentioned in Public Notice No. 25/2020. This is leading to the duplicity of same request on both email ids and the Group ACs/DCs have to open and check inboxes of both email ids which is not only consuming more time but also causing avoidable delay in attending to the requests. Therefore, to avoid duplication and confusion, need of keeping only one email Id is being felt.
2.2 Similarly, request for finalisation of Prior/Advance Bill of Entry (not regularised automatically at the IGM finalisation) are also being sent on Group mail id instead of being sent to EDI Section.
2.3 The review has also indicated that as the requests are being attended and the issues are being resolved by the Group AC/DC in a reasonable time, there is no need to mark each and every mail request to the ADC/JC of the Group as mentioned in para 4 of Public Notice No. 35/2020 dated 27.03.2020. It is felt that only cases of delay should be escalated to supervisory authorities for effective monitoring.
3. In this background, Public Notice No. 35/2020 dated 27.03.2020 is hereby modified as below:
3.1 It has been decided that the request for amendments and waiver of late fee in a bill of entry must be made by sending email to only specified official ICEGATE email IDs of Appraising Groups mentioned below :-
|Sl. No.||Appraising Groups||E-mail IDs|
|1||Group – I/IA||CUS.GRP1AMUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|2||Group – II, II(A-B)||CUS.GRP2ABMUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|3||Group – II (C-F)||CUS.GRP2CFMUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|4||Group – II(G)||CUS.GRP2GMUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|5||Group – II(H-K)||CUS.GRP2HKMUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|6||Group – III||CUS.GRP3MUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|7||Group – IV||CUS.GRP4MUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|8||Group – V||CUS.GRP5MUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|9||Group – VA||CUS.GRP5AMUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|10||Group – VB||CUS.GRP5BMUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
|11||Group – VI||CUS.GRP6MUMBAI2@ICEGATE.GOV.IN|
3.2 The mail Ids mentioned in Public Notice No. 35/2020 dated 27.03.2020 shall no longer be used for the above request or any communication from the trade.
3.3 Requests of Finalisation/Regularisation of Prior/Advance Bill of Entry should not be sent on above mail id of the Appraising Groups. The same be sent on email id of EDI Section i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.4 In Para 3 of the said Public Notice, the sentence “The above email IDs are of Deputy/Asstt. Commissioners. In case they are temporarily working from home, they will immediately convey to the DC/AC on the roster in office.” is deleted.
3.5 Para 4 of the Public Notice No. 35/2020 dated 27.03.2020 is modified as below :-
“If the request mails of amendment, late fee waiver are not resolved/redressed within 24 Hrs., the matter may be escalated on mail to the ADC/JC of respective Section. The official email ids of the respective ADC/JC are mentioned as below :-
|Sr. No.||Commissionerate (Groups)||Name of the ADC/JC||Email IDs|
|1||NS-I (Gr. I to II H-K)||Sh. Kamlesh Kr. Guptaemail@example.com|
|2||NS-III (Gr. III & IV)||Sh. Dipin Singlafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||NS-V (Gr. V, VA, VB & VI)||Sh. Vishal Jarondeemail@example.com|
3.6 If the request for Finalization/Regularisation of Prior/Advance Bill of Entry is not resolved/redressed within 24 Hrs., the matter may be escalated to the ADC/JC in charge of EDI (irrespective of the Group) on following email ID.
1) Shri Kamlesh Kumar Gupta, ADC/EDI, email ID :- firstname.lastname@example.org”
4. Except above modification, all other contents of the said Public Notice No. 35/2020 dated 27.03.2020 will remain unchanged.
(SUNIL KUMAR MALL)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II/NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. The Chairman JNPT / CEO NSICT / CEO GTI / CEO BMCT for information.
4. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
6. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
7. Representative of CSLA & MANSA for information and circulation among their members and other shipping lines operating at Nhava Sheva Port.
8. Representative of CFSAI / BCBA / FIEO / Members of PTFC for information and circulation among their members and other importers for information.
9. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.