F. No. 401/19/2020-Cus III
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
North Block, New Delhi. 10th July, 2020
All Principal Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of’ Customs/Custom (Preventive),
All Principal Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of Central Tax and Customs,
All Principal Commissioner/Commissioner of Customs /Custom (Preventive),
All Principal Commissioner/Commissioner of Central Tax and Customs.
Subject: – Requirement of AGMARK certification prior to import of Blended edible vegetable oils-reg
The undersigned is directed to refer to the letter of Director (Imports), Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on the above mentioned subject (copy attached).
2. Vide this letter, it has been clarified that import of Blended Edible Vegetable Oils (BEVO) without prior AGMARK certification is not allowed in India and further the Blended Edible Oils (BEVO) shall also comply with the rules and regulations made under FSS Act, The above mentioned compliance is to be ensured by the field formations.
3. Any issues faced in implementation of this instruction may be brought to the notice of the Board.
Encl: As above
File No. 1-1800/FSSAI/Imports/2019
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
(A Statutory Authority Established under the Food Safety and Standards Act. 2006)
FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road, New Delhi 1 10002
The 07th July, 2020
Sub.:- Requirement of AGMARK Certification prior to import of Blended Edible Vegetable Oils (BEVO)-reg.
The sub-regulation 2.114(11) of Food Safety and Standards (Prohibition and Restrictions on Sales) Regulations, 2011 provides that “(11) The Blended Edible Vegetable Oils shall not he sold in loose fiwni. it shall he sold in sealed package weighing not more than 15 Kilograms. the container having blended edible vegetable oil shall he tamper proof: It shall also not he sold wider the common or generic name of the oil used in the blend but shall be sold as “Blended Edible Vegetable Oil”. The sealed package shall he sold or offered for sale only under AGMARK certification mark hearing the label declarations as provided in the Regulations besides other labelling requirements wider the Regulation 2.-1.2 of Food Safety and ,Standards (Packaging iind Labelling) regulations. 2011.–
2. In view of above. it is clarified that Import of Blended Edible Vegetable Oils (BEVO) without AGM ARK certification is not allowed in India and further the Blended Edible Vegetable Oils (BEVO) shall also comply with the rules and regulations made under l’SS Act. 2006.
3. All Authorised Officers arc directed to ensure that the Blended Edible Vegetable Oils (BEVO) without AGMARK certification shall not be cleared thorough their respective point of entries and shall follow all procedure as mentioned in FSS (Import) Regulations, 2017 before clearance.
This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
(Dr. Amit Sharma)
1. All Authorised Officers, FSSAI- For compliance of above advisory.
2. The Commissioner of Food Safety of all States/UTs – To issue instructions to Dos/FSOs for carrying out surveillance &inspections/ enforcement activities and accordingly taking necessary action against the FBOs carrying business in violation of aforesaid regulations.
3. All Central Licensing Authorities- For carrying out surveillance &inspections/ enforcement activities and accordingly taking necessary action against the 1110s carrying business in violation of aforesaid regulations.
4. All Regional Directors. FSSAI- For compliance of above advisory.
5. The Director (Customs) and Commissioner (SW), CBIC –For circulation to all Authorised Officers of Customs for compliance.
6. Joint Agricultural Marketing Adviser, Directorate or Marketing & Inspection, A-Block, CGO Complex, NI Faridahad (I laryana)-121 001. Phone: 0129-2115710. E-mail: jtama-dmi[at]gov[dot]in.
7. Director (S&VO). Directorate of Sugar and Vegetable Oils, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi- 110001
8. The CI TO, FSSAI-HQ -for uploading on the FSSAI website and for communicating by email to all FSSAI licensed Food Importes.