GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
Dated: March 27, 2013
Custom House, Chennai will function on March 29 (Good Friday), 30 (Saturday) and also on Sunday, March 31, to enable Importers and Exporters to file documents, pay duty and clear the goods. On all these days, the Custom House will be functioning from 9.30 A.M. – 6 P.M. like any other working day. A Public notice 72/2013 dated 21.03.2013 has also been issued in this regard.
2. The Reserve Bank of India has also vide its Circular No.RBI/2012-13/453 dated 21st March, 2013 instructed all the Agency Banks to keep the counters of their designated branches conducting Government business open (full day with extended hours) on March 29, 30 and 31, 2013 to facilitate receipt of Government taxes from members of public even at late hours.
3. RBI has also decided to conduct special clearing operations on these dates to immediately credit government accounts. In this regard, the necessary instructions have also been issued to all Agency Banks by the Department of Payment and Settlement Systems(DPSS), RBI, Central Office, Mumbai vide its Circular F.No.RBI/2012-13/454 dated 21.03.2013.
4. The extension counters of Indian bank and State Bank of India in the Custom House premises and Air Cargo Complex, Meenambakkam, Chennai will also be kept open for longer hours on 29th, 30th and on 31st March to enable payment of Customs Duties.
5. It is also informed that e-payment facility is available through ICEGATE from 04.00 A.M. to 08.00 P.M. on all days including Sundays, for remitting Customs Duties.
6. All taxpayers and Stake Holders are urged to make use of the above facility and pay the Customs Duty well before 31.03.2013.
Chief Commissioner of Customs
Chennai Customs Zone