OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-I) MUMBAI
ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA-400707.
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/AM(I)Part-III
Dated : 08.05.2020
Subject: Clarification with respect to submission of Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate (PSIC)–reg.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers and all other stakeholders is invited to the DGFT Trade Notice No. 09/2020-21 dated 06/05/2020 on the subject matter of ‘Clarification with respect to submission of Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate (PSIC)’.
2. The Import policy of metallic scrap and waste requires importers to furnish Pre- shipment Inspection Certificate (PSIC) for customs clearance of metal scrap and waste imports in accordance with the conditions laid out in Para 2.54 of Handbook of Procedures, 2015-2020. It has come to the notice of DGFT that importers have been finding it difficult to submit the original copy of PSIC document due to the prevailing situations during COVID- 19 related lock down.
3. In view of the above, it has been decided that a scanned copy of the PSIC document uploaded on e-sanchit may be accepted in place of a physical copy for the purpose of Customs clearance. However, the importer has to provide an undertaking to the concerned Customs Authority at the time of the clearance as given in the Annexure to this Public Notice. The importer/Customs Broker to ensure that scanned copy is uploaded on e-sanchit.
4. The concerned Customs authorities may take scanned copy of the PSIC document submitted by the importers for clearance without asking for the physical copy. The original physical copy of the PSIC needs to be submitted to the concerned Customs authority within 60 days of the clearance.
5. This facility is allowed only till 30th June 2020 in view of the present situation of documents movement interruption due to COVID- 19.
6. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of DC/AC in charge of Appraising Main (Import), NS-I at email id email@example.com.
7. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
(SUNIL KUMAR MALL)
Commissioner of Customs (NS-I).
Encl.: As above.
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II/NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. The Chairman JNPT / CEO NSICT / CEO GTI / CEO BMCT for
4. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
6. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V,
7. Representative of CSLA & MANSA for information and circulation among their members and other shipping lines operating at Nhava Sheva Port.
8. Representative of CFSAI / BCBA / FIEO / Members of PTFC for information and circulation among their members and other importers for information.
9. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately.
DECLARATION / UNDERTAKING
1. I/We undertake to abide by the Trade Notice no. 9 dated 06.05.2020 issued by DGFT and to submit the original physical copy of the PSIC within 60 days of the date of clearance of the consignment from
2. I/We hereby certify that the scanned copy submitted is as issued by the Pre- shipment inspection agency.
3. I/We fully understand that if any information furnished in the scanned copy of the PSIC is found incorrect or false it will render me/us liable for any penal action or other consequences as may be prescribed in law or otherwise warranted.
4. I/We hereby declare that the particulars and the statements made in this scanned copy of the PSIC are true and correct to the best of my/our knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed or withheld therefrom.
5. I hereby certify that I am authorized to verify and sign this declaration
Signature of the Applicant