Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Dated: 06th may 2020
1. Customs Commissionerates
2. Regional Authorities of DGFT
3. Members of Trade and Industry
The Import policy of metallic scrap and waste requires importers to furnish Pre-shipment Inspection Certificate (PSIC) for customs clearance of metal scrap and waste imports in accordance with the conditions laid out in Para 2.54 of Handbook of Procedures, 2015-2020. It has come to the notice of this Directorate that importers have been finding it difficult to submit the original copy of PSIC document due to the prevailing situations during COVID-19 related lock down.
2. In view of the above, it has been decided that a scanned copy of the PSIC document may be accepted in place of a physical copy for the purpose of Customs clearance. However, the importer has to provide an undertaking to the concerned Custom Authority at the time of the clearance as given in the Annexure to this Trade Notice.
3. Customs Authorities may take scanned copy of the PSIC document submitted by the importers for clearance without asking for the physical copy. The original physical copy of the PSIC needs to be submitted to Customs within 60 days of the clearance.
4. This facility is allowed only till 30th June 2020 in view of the present situation of documents movement interruption due to COVID-19.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade
[Issued from F. No. : 01/89/180/Misc-65/AM-05/PC-II(A)/PC-II(8) /E-2081]
DECLARATION / UNDERTAKING
1. I/We undertake to abide by the Trade Notice no. 9 dated 06.05.2020 issued by DGFT and to submit the original physical copy of the PSIC within 60 days of the date of clearance of the consignment from Customs.
2. I/We hereby certify that the scanned copy submitted is as issued by the Pre-shipment inspection agency.
3. I/We fully understand that if any information furnished in the scanned copy of the PSIC is found incorrect or false it will render me/us liable for any penal action or other consequences as may be prescribed in law or otherwise warranted.
4. I/We hereby declare that the particulars and the statements made in this scanned copy of the PSIC are true and correct to the best of my/our knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed or withheld therefrom.
5. I hereby certify that I am authorized to verify and sign this declaration
Signature of the Applicant