Circular No. 47/2004-Cus.
August 13 , 2004
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise and Customs
Subject: Administrative control over ICDs/CFSs-reg
I am directed to invite your attention to the Board’s Circular No.33/2003-Cus., dated 24.4.2003 issued from F.No.437/9/2003-Cus.IV on the above mentioned subject.
2. In this regard representations have been received from trade for shifting the administrative control in respect of Inland Container Depot at Desur, District Belgaum, from Commissionerate of Customs, Mangalore to Commissionerate of Central Excise, Belgaum .
3. The matter has been examined by the Board. It is observed that the office of Commissioner of Customs, Mangalore is about 400 km away from Belgaum where the ICD is located. It has , therefore, been decided that in respect of Inland Container Depot at Desur, District Belgaum, notified vide Notification No.89/2004-Cus., dated 21.7.2004 under clause (aa) of sub-section (1) of section 7 of the Customs Act, 1962 , the Commissionerate of Central Excise, Belgaum will have administrative control .
4. The Circular No.33/2003-Cus., dated 24.4.2003 may be modified to the extent mentioned in para 3 above.
5. Kindly bring the above instructions to the knowledge of all concerned for strict compliance.
6. Hindi version will follow.
7. This Circular was duly published in newspaper and placed on the CBEC website from 23.7.2004 to 10.8.2004.No contrary views have been received.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Phone No. 23094182