MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 8th July, 2019
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 6th July, 2019, and is hereby published for general information:—
THE SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2019
NO. 8 OF 2019
[6th July, 2019.]
An Act to amend the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Seventieth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Act, 2019.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 2nd day of March, 2019.
2. Amendment of section 2.
In section 2 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005, in clause (v),—
(i) after the words “local authority”, the words “, trust or any entity as may be notified by the Central Government” shall be inserted;
(ii) for the words “authority or company”, the words “authority, company, trust or entity” shall be substituted.
3. Repeal and savings.
(1) The Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019 is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act.
DR. G. NARAYANA RAJU,
Secretary to the Govt. of India