MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 2nd March, 2019
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES (AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE, 2019
NO. 12 of 2019
Promulgated by the President in the Seventieth Year of the Republic of India.
An Ordinance further to amend the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005.
WHEREAS Parliament is not in session and the President is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary for him to take immediate action;.
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (1) of article 123 of the Constitution, the President is pleased to promulgate the following Ordinance: –
1. Short title and commencement
(1) This Ordinance may be called the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019,
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment section 2 of Act.
2. In section 2 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005, in clause (v) –
(i) after the words “local authority”, the words “or trust or entry as may be notified by the Central Government”, shall be inserted;
(ii) for the words “authority or company”, the words “authority, company, trust or entity” shall be substituted.
RAM NATH KOVIND