CIRCULAR NO. IRDA/ADMN/CIR/MISC/189/08/2011, DATED 18-8-2011
Further to the guidelines on distance marketing of insurance products issued vide circular No. IRDA/Admn/GDL/Misc/059/04/2011 on 5-4-2011 and with reference to the provision 8 (ii) thereunder, the syllabus for pre-recruitment training of telecallers is specified hereinbelow:
1. INTRODUCTION TO INSURANCE
(a) Purpose and need of insurance.
(b) How insurance works.
2. FUNDAMENTALS/PRINCIPLES OF INSURANCE
(a) Contract of Insurance
(b) Utmost Good Faith
(c) Insurable Interest
(a) What is Premium?
(b) Premium calculation.
4. LIFE INSURANCE PRODUCTS
(a) Linked and Non-linked plans, Endowment and Term plans, Group and Individual Plans, Variable Insurance plans.
(c) Annuities and Pensions.
GENERAL INSURANCE PRODUCTS
5. Fire Insurance, Motor Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Health Insurance and Miscellaneous Insurances.
6. INSURANCE DOCUMENTS
(a) Proposal Forms and personal statements
(b) First / Renewal Premium Receipt
(d) Policy Forms/Documents
(f) Cover Notes
(g) Certificate of Insurance
(i) Renewal Notice
7. POLICY CONDITIONS – Life Insurance
(b) Days of grace
(c) Lapse and Non – forfeiture
(d) Paid up value
(a) Maturity claims
(b) Survival benefit payments
(c) Death claims
(d) Accident and disability benefits
(e) Claims Concession
(b) Investigation and Assessment
(c) Surveyors and Loss Assessors
(d) Claims Documents
(e) Claim Forms
9. IRDA (Protection of Policyholders’ Interests) Regulations, 2002 – Point of sale issues, free look provision, time-limits for underwriting and servicing matters including claims etc.
10. Grievance Redressal options for policyholders – Insurer’s telephone number, contact address, website and e-mail id, IRDA toll-free number, IRDA website, IGMS, Insurance Ombudsman.
11. Distance Marketing Guidelines with particular emphasis on disclosures to be made to the clients.
12. Code of Conduct for Telecallers- Etiquette, Do’s & Don’ts.
13. Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines – KYC Norms