GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE DEPARTMENT
9TH LEVEL, A-WING, DELHI SECRETARIAT, NEW DELHI – 110 002
Whereas the Lt. Governor of NCT of Delhi is satisfied that the NCT of Delhi is threatened with the outbreak of dangerous epidemic disease, namely Mucormycosis, among immune-compromised patients, especially COVID-19 patients being treated with steroids and that the ordinary provisions of law for the time being in force are insufficient for the purpose. Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred under the Section 2 of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, the Lt. Governor of NCT of Delhi is pleased to make the following regulations, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement
(i) These Regulations may be called ‘The Delhi Epidemic Diseases (Mucormycosis) Regulations, 2021’ and shall remain valid for one year from the date of publication.
(ii) They shall come into force at once and shall remain valid for one year from the date of publication in the official gazette.
2. In these Regulations, unless the context otherwise requires “Epidemic Disease” means Mucormycosis.
3. All the healthcare facilities (Government and Private) will follow the guidelines for screening, diagnosis, management of Mucormycosis, issued by MoHFW (Gol)/ICMR/State Government and amended from time to time.
4. All the healthcare facilities (Government and Private) will report each and every suspected or confirmed case of Mucormycosis to Health Department through concerned Medical Superintendent/Medical Director/Hospital Incharge/Chief District Medical Officer (CDMO) of concerned district.
5. No person/institution or organization will spread any information or material for management of Mucormycosis without prior permission from Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of NCT of Delhi.
6. No person/institution or organization will use any print/electronic or any other form of media for Mucormycosis without any prior permission from Department of Health & Family Welfare, Government of NCT of Delhi.
7. Notice for disobeying the Notification: A Committee under the Chairmanship of Chief District Medical Officer (CDMO) will be constituted in each district, which will have specialists of Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, ENT and Epidemiologist as members to review any disobeying by any person/institution or organization of the notification or any order issued under these regulations. If disobeying is proved, a notice would be issued by the DC/DM of concerned district against such person/institution or organization, indicating the offence/irregularity conducted as per this notification.
8. The reply of person/institution or organization received against the notice will be reviewed by the aforementioned District Committee. If reply is not received within stipulated time of receipt of the notice or if the reply is found unsatisfactory by the Committee and it is confirmed that the person/institution or organization has disobeyed regulations, the concerned DC/DM will take the necessary action against the delinquent person/institution or organization as per the Section 3 of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897.
9. Penalty: Any person/institution or organization disobeying these Regulations or order issued under these Regulations shall be deemed to have committed as offence punishable under Section 188 of Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
10. Protection to persons acting under these Regulations: No suit or legal proceedings shall lie against any person for anything done or intended to be done in good faith under these regulation.
Place: New Delhi
By order and in the name of
Hon’ble Lt. Governor, NCT of Delhi
Br. Nutan Mundeja
No. F. 598/Pt.1/DGHS/PHW-IV/COVlD-19/Epidemic Act/2020/1270-1338
A copy is forwarded to the following for necessary action:
1. ACS (Power)/Nodal Officer (COVID-19), of NCT of Delhi
2. Commissioner of Police
3. Chairman, NDMC
4. Chief Secretary (GAD), Govt. of NCT of Delhi
5. Commissioner (SDMC/NDMC/EDMC)
6. Secretary to Hon”ble LG, Raj Niwas, Delhi
7. Additional Secretary to Hon’ble CM, of NCT of Delhi
8. Secretary to Hon”ble Minister of Health, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
9. All Secretaries/ Secretaries/ HODs/ Heads of All Autonomous Bodies/ Institutions/ Colleges under Govt. of NCT of Delhi
10. OSD to Chief Secretary, of NCT of Delhi
11. Director General Health Services, of NCT of Delhi
12. All the District Magistrates, of NCT of Delhi
13. Director, Directorate of Family Welfare, of NCT of Delhi
14. State Surveillance Officer (SSO), IDSP
15. All MSs/ Directors of all and Private Healthcare facilities, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
16. All Chief District Medical Officers, of NCT of Delhi
Dr. Nutan Mundeja