There are few conditions which are to be checked prior to applying food license, lets have a look at them.
During the course of their food business, all food business operators must guarantee that the following requirements are met at all times. Operators of food businesses must:
- A correct copy of the license issued in Form C must be displayed in a conspicuous location on the premises at all times.
- Allow Licensing Authorities or their authorized workers access to the premises as needed.
- Notify authorities of any changes or alterations to the license’s activity or content.
- At least one technical expert should be hired to oversee the manufacturing process. The person in charge of the production process must have at least a bachelor’s degree in science with chemistry, biochemistry, food and nutrition, or microbiology, or a bachelor’s degree or diploma in food technology, dairy technology, dairy microbiology, dairy chemistry, dairy engineering, oil technology, veterinary science, hotel management, and catering technology, or any other degree or diploma in any other discipline related to the business’s specific requirements from a recognized university.
- Submit a periodic yearly report (from April 1 to March 31) by May 31 of each year. Half-yearly returns for the collection, handling, and production of milk and milk products are also required (1st April to 31st September before 30th November and 1st October to 31st March).
- Ensure that the unit does not create any products other than those listed in the license/registration.
- Maintain factory sanitary and hygienic requirements, as well as worker hygiene, as stipulated in Schedule – 4 for the food industry category.
- Separately keep track of production, raw material usage, and sales on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the raw material source and standards are of the highest possible quality.
- No Food Business Operator shall manufacture, store, expose for sale, or authorize the sale of any article of food in any premises that is not adequately isolated from any privy, urinal, sullage, drain, or place of storage of foul and waste matter to the satisfaction of the licensing authority.
- Ensure Clean-In-Place systems (where applicable) for frequent machine and equipment cleaning.
- Ensure that relevant chemical and/or microbiological contaminants in food products are tested as frequently as required in accordance with these regulations, based on historical data and risk assessment, to ensure the production and delivery of safe food, at least once every six months, through own or NABL accredited/FSSA notified labs.
- Ensure that the proper temperature is maintained as much as feasible throughout the supply chain, including chilling, shipping, and storage, from the point of procurement or sourcing until it reaches the end customer.
- Owners of hotels, restaurants, and other food stalls that sell or expose for sale savouries, sweets, or other food items must post a notice board with separate lists of the items cooked in ghee, edible oil, vanaspati, or other fats for the knowledge of potential buyers.
- A notice board describing the nature of the items being exposed for sale must be displayed by a food business operator selling cooked or prepared meals.
- Every manufacturer [including ghani operator] or wholesale dealer in butter, ghee, vanaspati, edible oils, Solvent extracted oil, de-oiled meal, edible flour, and any other fats shall keep a record of the quantity manufactured, received, or sold, the nature of the oil seed used, the quantity of de-oiled meal and edible flour used, and the destination of each consignment of the substances sent out from his factory or place of business.
For any type of assistance feel free to contact us or reach us at: – MG Associates (Company Secretaries)- CS Manisha Mittal – 70152-77705
I have done my best to provide all the specifics, but please accept my apologies if any of the information supplied is incorrect. Please feel free to comment, interact, and propose topics for future posts.
Company: MG ASSOCIATES
Location: HISAR, Haryana, India
: 10 Dec 2021 | Total Posts
Manisha's potential cannot be elucidated in words. Her passion for writing knows no bounds.
Associate Member of the Institute of Company Secretary of India and also holds a bachelor’s degree in Law. Having experience of more than 3 years of Forming Producer companies, Public and private companies View Full Profile
My Published Posts
Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.
Review us on Google