Government of India
Ministry of Road Transport a Highways
Transport Bhawan, 1, Parliament Street, New Delhi – 110001
Date: 31 December, 2020
1. The Chairman, National Highways Authority of India, G-5 7 6, Sector-10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075
2. Director General (RD) a Special Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport It Highways
3. The Managing Director, NHIDCL, PTI Building, New Delhi-110001
4. Principal Secretaries/Secretaries of all States/UTs Public Works Department/Road Construction Department/ Highways 5. Department (dealing with National Highways and other centrally sponsored schemes)
5. All Engineers-in-Chief and Chief Engineers of Public Works Department/ Road Construction Department/ Highways Department 7.(dealing with National Highways and other centrally sponsored schemes)
6. The Director General Border Roads, Seema Sadak Bhawan, Ring Road, New Delhi-110010
7. All CE-ROs, ROs and ELOs of the Ministry of Road Transport Et Highways
Subject: Atamnirbhar Bharat: Relief for Contractors/Developers of Road Sector- reg.
Reference is invited to this Ministry’ letter of even number dated 3.6.2020, providing certain urgent relief measures to the contractors, concessionaires and developers of road sector in view of prevailing situation due to COVID 19 for 3 months. Thereafter, period of relief measures relating to the relaxation of Schedule-H was extended further upto December, 2020 vide this Ministry’s letter of even number dated 6.10.2020.
2. Representations have been received in the Ministry for further extension of the period of relief measures taken for mitigating COVID impact on the contractors engaged in NH sector.
3. It has been observed that relaxation of Schedule-H has provided a good liquidity to the Contractors executing the National Highway works which has helped in keeping the pace of construction high even during the Covid-19 pandemic situation. Therefore, the Government has decided to further extend the relaxation of Schedule-H upto 30.6.2021.
4. The implementing agencies are directed to implement the measure accordingly.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
1. PPS to Secretary (RTEtH)
2. ASEtFA, MoRTH
3. All Joint Secretaries in the MoRTH
4. All ADGs/CEs in the MoRTH
5. Director (NIC), MoRTH for uploading on the website