MiNISTRY OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
New Delhi, the 28th February, 2017
S.O.643(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as udentuty document for delivery of services or benefits or subsudues simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings un transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (hereinafter referred to as the DAY-NRLM) involves expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Rural Development hereby notifies the following, namely:––
1. (1) An individual who is a member of a Self Help Group or otherwise receives remuneration as a community cadre
under DAY-NRLM, shall furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) An individual who is a member of a Self Help Group or otherwise receives remuneration as a community cadre under DAY-NRLM, and who is not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by 30thSeptember, 2017 in case she or he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act, such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre ( list available at uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Department of the State Government or Union Territory Administrations in-charge of implementation of DAY-NRLM, through the State Rural Livelihoods Missions, which require an individual to furnish Aadhaar, is required to offer enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in absence of such Aadhaar enrolment centres located within the respective Block or Taluk or Tehsil, the said Department of the State Government or Union Territory Administrations in-charge of implementation of DAY-NRLM, through the State Rural Livelihoods Missions may provide enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or may provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities by becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, she or he shall be allowed to avail benefits under DAY-NRLM subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) (i) if she or he has enrolled, her or his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of her or his request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2; and
(b) (i) the voter identity card issued by the Election Commission of India; or (ii) ration card; or (iii) job card issued under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA; or (iv) the driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (v) the Passport; or (vi) the Permanent Account Number Card issued by the Income Tax Department; or (vii) the certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (viii) the Kisan passbook with photo; or (ix) any other document with photograph specified by the State Government for the said purpose:
Provided further that the aforesaid documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the State Government or Union Territory Administration for the purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and seamless benefits to beneficiaries, the Department of the State Government or Union Territory Administrations in-charge of implementation of DAY-NRLM, shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:––
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices shall be given to prospective beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar to avail benefits under DAY-NRLM. They may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest enrolment centres available in their areas by 30th September, 2017, in case they are not enrolled already. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, the beneficiaries are not able to enrol due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the vicinity, the the Department of the State Government or Union Territory Administrations in-charge of implementation of DAY-NRLM is required to create enrolment facilities at the convenient locations and the applicants or beneficiaries may be requested to register their request for enrolment by giving their names with other details such as proof of identity specified in clause (b) of the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with address, bank account details and mobile number on a web portal of the concerned department and such requests may also be registered with the District or Block Office under the State Rural Livelihood Missions.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the States and Union Territories, except the States of Assam, Meghalaya, and the State of Jammu and Kashmir:
Provided that different dates may be notified for the States of Assam, Meghalaya, and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. J-1 1060/81/2016-RL-Part(1)( 352356)]
ATAL DULLOO, Jt. Secy.