MINISTRY OF WOMEN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
New Delhi, the 23rd February, 2017
S.O. 626(E).––Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly to them in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And, whereas, the Ministry of Women and Child Development in the Government of India is administering Ujjawala Scheme (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) for prevention of trafficking and rescue, rehabilitation, and reintegration of victims of trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation and the Scheme is a Sub Scheme of the Centrally sponsored Umbrella Scheme “Protection and Empowerment of Women” implemented by the State Governments and Union territory Administrations through Non-Government Organizations (hereinafter referred to as implementing agencies); and the beneficiaries under the Scheme include the individual women and staff of the Non-Government Organizations (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries);
And, whereas, under the Ujjawala Scheme, grant-in-aid is released to the State Governments and Union territory Administrations for payment towards salary of the staff of the implementing agencies for administration and management of the Scheme; and for providing facilities to individual woman beneficiaries such as food, clothes, sanitary items, medical care, education, vocational training etc., (hereinafter referred to as benefit) in the homes run under the Ujjawala Scheme by the implementing agencies and that involves recurring expenditure from the Consolidated fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:––
1. (1) The individual beneficiary under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual desirous of availing benefit under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment by 31st March 2017 provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar Enrolment Centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India website (www.uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Women and Child Development in the State Government and Union territory Administration has become or is in the process of becoming UIDAI Registrar for Aadhaar enrolment and is organizing special Aadhaar enrolment camps at convenient locations for providing enrollment facilities in consultation with Unique Identification Authority of India and any beneficiary or staff of the Ujjawala homes, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, may also visit such special Aadhaar enrolment camps for Aadhaar enrolment or any of the Aadhaar enrolment centers in the vicinity with existing Registrars of Unique Identification Authority of India.
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individuals, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:—
(a) (i) if he or she has enrolled, his or her Aadhaar enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of his or her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2 below; and
(b) any of the following documents, namely:—
(i). Bank photo passbook; or (ii). Voter ID Card; or (iii). Ration Card; or (iv). Kisan Photo Passbook; or (v). Passport; or (vi). Driving License; or (vii). PAN Card; or (viii). MGNREGS job Card; or (ix). Employee Photo Identity Card issued by the Government or any Public Sector Undertaking (PSU); or (x). Any other Photo identity Card issued by the State Government or Union territory Administration; or (xi). Certificate of identity with photograph issued by any Gazetted Officer on official letter head; or (xii). any other document specified by the State Government or Union territory Administration:
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle-free services to the beneficiaries of the Ujjawala Scheme, the Women and Child Development Department in the State Government and Union territory Administration in charge of implementing the Scheme shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(1) Wide publicity through local media and individual notices shall be given to the beneficiaries under the Scheme to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled for Aadhaar by 31st March 2017 at the nearest enrolment centres available in their areas, in case they are not already enrolled and the list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, the beneficiaries are not able to enroll due to non-availability of Aadhaar enrolment centres in the Blocks or Tehsils or Talukas, the Women and Child Development Department in the State Government and Union territory Administration in charge of implementing the Scheme is required to create enrolment facilities for Aadhaar at convenient locations and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their request for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their name, address, mobile number and other details as specified in clause (b) to the proviso of sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the implementing agencies or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union territories except the State of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 16/12/2016-CP]
Ms. NANDITA MISHRA, Economic Adviser