Many a time Assessee forgets the Password to login into account with aces.gov.in. In such cases if user enters incorrect user name or password 5 consecutive times, his account gets blocked by the system. To unblock the account with ACES assessee have two options :-
1. He Assessee is aware of Hint Question and answers entered at the time of online Registration he can get his account unblocked online.
2. But in case assessee forgot the hint question and answer then Only Range Superintendent and Comm Admin has the authority to unblock his account and he has to contact his range office and request for the same.
STEPS / PROCEDURE TO RESET PASSWORD IN CASE ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED
1. To unblock the account, Assessee can go to www.aces.gov.in ‘Central Excise / Service Tax (as the case may be)’ Unblock Your Account’:
2. Please enter the details of Registration number, Hint Question and Hint Answer.
3. After Submitting all the details, the below mentioned message will be displayed. The new password will be sent to the registered e-mail-id.
The Message description which is sent to Assessee’s e-mail-id is as shown below:
“This is to inform you that the user account have been unblocked. The User Name and the Password for the user are: User Name – slalam , Password – iGrpKi”
4. Now, Assessee can login with the password sent to his mail ID:
5. After Login, Asseessee will find the below screen, where he has to change the password by entering a new password of his choice.
6. Please press the Submit button to complete the process.
7. In case of Pre-Assessee (Assessee who got user name & password from ACES website but yet to submit registration application in ACES), if the user tries to log in ACES Application with wrong password for continuous five attempts then his A/C gets blocked. In such cases, kindly re-register (once again) in the ACES by entering a new user name and following the general procedure regarding registration. You will be getting new password in the given mail ID with which you can access the application.
8. In case of assessee forgot the hint question and answer then Only Range Superintendent and Comm Admin has the authority to unblock your account. Hence contact your range office and request the same.
(Article Was first Published on 18.12.2012)